A Renoise developer chatting with Renoise users in the ideas & suggestions forum reinforces your worries?
Uhm, no. Him thinking about it suggests that it has not been implemented yet and might not make it into Redux. This was worrying me. But I am sure you actually got what I meant here, didn't you ;-)
Have you considered using a different DAW?
I have, and I am.
You seem to be pretty down on Renoise for several months, and have no problem criticizing the devs and their choices at every opportunity. It's really petty.
I am (like many others too) disappointed by SOME of the choices in 3.0. I actually would have a problem to criticise the devs at every opportunity. Thankfully, this is not what I am doing. I bring up my criticism at opportunities where it makes sense and where it is related to the shortcomings I (and we all do, that should be a common goal) want to see improved. After all, I am interested in Renoise becoming as good as it can. I am a researcher and as this, my view on criticism might be a different one than yours. It helps progress. There is nothing personal about it.
Almost as petty as me calling you out on it.
Well, I think the case here is that it's 95% useful for fladd, but the remaining 5% is a source of much frustration. At least, that's how I interpret it.
Of course, you could switch to another DAW and use a powerful plugin such as Kontakt - but, pianolol.
I personally believe that there is a lot of catching up to do in Renoise 3.0. So much potential, so many details to get right...
Exactly. Well said! I am glad that you understand the intend of my criticism.