L'orage Du Nord Feat Illbliss

Hello everyone,

Here is my new track, which uses such a Nord Rack v1.

This is Electro/Rap, do not hesitate to leave me your opinion:)

Enjoy !

ORIGINAL MIX :

http://soundcloud.com/stailer/lorage-du-nord-feat-illbliss

And mix with LANDR.COM :

http://soundcloud.com/stailer/lorage-du-nord-feat-illbliss-mix-by-landrcom

I mixed my track with LANDR.COM. What do you think from result ?

much better.

Hey stailer!

Listening to your track right now. (original mix)

Really nice breakbeat vibe going on here. Mix sounds good so far with the beat, bassline, synths. Really nice. Umm, I like the vocals kinda, except they are so repetitive with the cursewords. I think you could be a lot more creative than that :slight_smile: Once the real rapping comes in, it’s a lot better. Nice. I like this kind of stuff. Honestly I think the vocals should be more prominent in the mix. Especially the parts other than “what the f- are they saying”.

Cool guitar part too…

landr.com, sounds like it has an exciter and brickwall limiter on it.

Anyway, this is the first time I have ever heard of this landr.com, but I am really skeptical about any service that can “instantly master” any song from any genre. I bet Mark Dollin’s head would be spinning in circles if he found out about this thing, lol.

So I did a little search, just to find out what landr is all about, and I found a great article written by a mastering engineer:

http://passivepromotion.com/can-landr-replace-your-mastering-engineer

If I were you, I wouldn’t rely on landr too much, as it sounds like it’s a piece of crap, aka a way to steal money from amateur musicians.

(Pay $9 to get 16 bit wavs of our crappy instantaneous remaster). What a bunch of trash.

Anyway as to your actual song, keep up the good work!

Thank you @escii and @organic for your opinions and advice.

I think effectivly Landr is not a magic tool for mastering music… But i use free version (mix MP3 only) and the result seems better than my original.

But, i m amateur musician and never i pay for mix my music ; )

I prefer keep my money for buy a good vst instrument or fx !

Hey, I like the first version much more! The second one sounds much too over limited and too excited, lot of depth is lost. The guitar is kinda cool :)Can it be more often, even on first 1/3? Maybe the kick in 1st version could get some punch in mid bass area and less in high area? or a bass side chain on the kick to the sum?

Hello @Jurek,

ok, thank you for your opinion… finally i must find how maximize my music level volume because in landr i win only this part.

It’s true, mastering of landr is a little bit “mettalic” , too excited : (

Hey, don’t understand, is it a competition? isn’t your first version already loud enough ? :slight_smile: Did you try simple clipping, using the distortion device in razor mode?

Aie ! no it’s not a competition… I m french with a very bad english, sorry : (

Ok, i try device in razor mode on my next track… I don’t use never this fx but why not !

Original mix has significantly less power in terms of percieved volume, but the landr mix has some nasty degradation in sound quality to my ears. It sounds strange synthetic, also like it was compressed heavily by some mp3ish algorithm (high freqs sound like through a very fast oscillating chorus/flanger type effect, etc.). Psychoaccoustics dripping from that mix like ooze. Now if you wish to have your track loud and don’t care about sideeffects, hm. But I admit I also dislike this style of blown up mastering that’s expecially noticeable in chart-pop music, like those people don’t care it sounds like an 128 kbps mp3 because that’s the quality all the teens will be listening to with crap equipment anyways, or in a disco at levels that make the ears agnostic to such degradation. Well ah, use ur own mastering tools/plugins, eq mid/high in sensible manners to greater levels, don’t use razor clipping with bass frequencies without scrubbing added harmonics real hard, live with your mix being not that loud-as-possible but don’t have “audiophiles” pissed by degradation in return.

Actually, when I adjust volume of both mixes to similliar percieved levels (up on the o.mix), I like the original mix better, it just has too strong bass freq stuff going on that maybe would need to be corrected a little.

Hey stailer!

Listening to your track right now. (original mix)

Really nice breakbeat vibe going on here. Mix sounds good so far with the beat, bassline, synths. Really nice. Umm, I like the vocals kinda, except they are so repetitive with the cursewords. I think you could be a lot more creative than that :slight_smile: Once the real rapping comes in, it’s a lot better. Nice. I like this kind of stuff. Honestly I think the vocals should be more prominent in the mix. Especially the parts other than “what the f- are they saying”.

Cool guitar part too…

landr.com, sounds like it has an exciter and brickwall limiter on it.

Anyway, this is the first time I have ever heard of this landr.com, but I am really skeptical about any service that can “instantly master” any song from any genre. I bet Mark Dollin’s head would be spinning in circles if he found out about this thing, lol.

So I did a little search, just to find out what landr is all about, and I found a great article written by a mastering engineer:

http://passivepromotion.com/can-landr-replace-your-mastering-engineer

If I were you, I wouldn’t rely on landr too much, as it sounds like it’s a piece of crap, aka a way to steal money from amateur musicians.

(Pay $9 to get 16 bit wavs of our crappy instantaneous remaster). What a bunch of trash.

Anyway as to your actual song, keep up the good work!

^^This.

However, it does sound better. I guess if that’s the effect it got, it depends on your pocket book and how serious you are about your song.

Good work man!

Thank you very much SynthisterNation !