First Foray into Renoise

I tried to get into Renoise a few years ago, but I had no idea what I was doing so I gave up. About a year and a half ago I decided I was determined to figure out how to work with breakbeats and gave it another go.

I’ve spent the last 10 months developing this song. It’s not amazing, but I’m very proud of it. It took so long because I’ve never worked with samples before, and I chose to Sample For a Fistful of Dollars which required a lot of finesse to get the audio quality up to par. I also sound treated my room during this time and worked through a book on mixing.

The song wasn’t entirely done in Renoise, I run it as a slave in Logic, but most of the song is composed in Renoise, I just find working with Plug in synths and mixing a lot more intuitive in Logic. I also had this track professionally mastered by Audible Oddities.

Thanks for your time!

https://soundcloud.com/jack-brittain/forafistfulofsamples

It’s different that’s for sure. Cool stuff though

I’ll take that as a compliment lol.

Thanks for the listen.

The song wasn’t entirely done in Renoise, I run it as a slave in Logic, but most of the song is composed in Renoise, I just find working with Plug in synths and mixing a lot more intuitive in Logic. I also had this track professionally mastered by Audible Oddities.

The channel eq of Logic is one thing I really miss. It sounds so bombastic good and has very good options like band slope. Also the standard Logic’s compressor, which also sounds incredible. And the real side chain capabilities, which make sophisticated ducking easily possible using the internal compressor. But Renoise can do this all more or less, too. It also has lot of advantages over Logic like the send device or the huge and precise frequency analyzer.

If you getting familiar with Renoise, I would say that you will see it is even better for mixing than Logic.

Oh, BTW. nice song! Sounds very transparent.

Now that is exactly my cup of tea.Good work!

PS…reminds me of The Sound Defects

Nicely kept in theme

Nice western vibe. :slight_smile:

Nice track and collage :slight_smile: At the end, the panning is not my cup of tea (hurts in the ears if you ask me)