VST Effect automation

Hi all,

how I can automate vst effect parameter with an hardware controller?

It is possible to create “Effect MIDI Control” (just like is for “Instr. MIDI Control”) and “Effect Automation” (like Instr. Automation")?

Thanks

ballacr75

Hey Emanuele!

You don’t need to insert any so called “meta device” in order to automate VSTfx.

Simply do the following:

• insert your desired effect to the effect chain

• click on the little arrow pointing upwards next to the “Ext. Editor” button

=> the list of available sliders/parameters has opened

• for creating mappings to hardware controllers, click on “midi map” (upper right corner of the renoise GUI)

• for creating envelope automations, click on the little square right between the slider and the value of the parameter in question

hope this helps !

p.s. hope you need that info because you’re working on your OSC 69 entry! :slight_smile:

Thanks very much keith!

PS osc 69, I don’t think to run this round, I’m confused by this plugin!

Thanks very much keith!

PS osc 69, I don’t think to run this round, I’m confused by this plugin!

same here. took me hours to understand the mechanics of flexoid, but once you got your head around it, it’s really a good synth that is able to produce a wide range of quality sound.

richard semper also posted a whole bank of presets in the osc69 thread including kicks, snares, various percussive stuff and bread&butter bass, keys, string, etc. sounds.

download here:http://www.kvraudio.com/product/x-jupitae-flexoid-by-ck_modules/downloads

maybe you get some inspiration out of those without even having to tweak / learn the synth…

Thanks for the preset, I’ll try again! good luck! (but a little pause maybe is a good thing!)