Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3378 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 16:35

Edited by guest_ffx, 25 December 2017 - 13:57.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#2 nullcollider

nullcollider

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 20:48

Thanks for the info, definitely needed this.

#3 jrileyhill

jrileyhill

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 18:44

Not sure if this is the case in older versions of Renoise but I just transferred a bunch of songs from mac to windows for 3.1.1 using this method and noticed one thing to add:

There are a number of tags related to each plugin in the XML files but only the <PluginIdentifier> tag seems to matter.

<PluginIdentifier> must match the exact name of the .dll file. (You DO NOT need to include .dll in the name though.)

<PluginDisplayName> and <PluginShortDisplayName> Don't seem to have an effect on whether or not Renoise will find and load the correct VST. So you can leave them as they are.

Take this with a grain of salt because I haven't done a ton of testing but obviously changing one text field instead of 3 for every problem VST is a lot faster. :)

• Neurogami likes this