Tool for testing: Renoise wrapper for Akaizer (timestretching / pitchs

Hi all!

I’m pretty sure you’ve already seenthis wrapperfor awesome timestretching / pitchshifting Akaizer app (http://akaizer.blogspot.ru/). Unfortunately, this Renoise tool had some flaws (most notable: Renoise running under Win7 x64 stop responding on right click and upper menusafter sample processing). Also, it was pretty much abandoned.

So, I decided to write my own wrapper from scratch. Tested on Win7 x64 and OS X 10.9.5, should also work on Linux but I didn’t test it yet.
What’s better in comparison with old wrapper:

• Fixed that nasty Windows bug
  • Better error handling in general
  • Akaizer updated to latest version
    You’re welcome to test this tool and suggest improvements :slight_smile: Also, it was my first Lua experience ever, so I’ll be glad to hear any advices about making this code better.

Download for 2.8
Download for 3.0

How to use: Sample Editor -> Process -> Akaizer

It’s telling me it is disabled because it is not compatible with this version of renoise (3.0.1).

It’s telling me it is disabled because it is not compatible with this version of renoise (3.0.1).

Added a link for Renoise 3.0.

Nice! Works in vista.

Thanks for adding the v3 version. Unfortunately it’s not working for me when I try to use it inside renoise (in Linux by the way), it gives me this:

'/home/me/.renoise/V3.0.1/Scripts/Tools/com.lwpss.Akaizer.xrnx/' failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.
Please contact the author (lwpss [lw.pss.mail@gmail.com]) for assistance...
std::logic_error: 'trying to load sample data from a non existing file: '/tmp/Renoise-0-7120/Renoise_TmpFile-0-7-80%_1000_0_C.wav''
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_from'
main.lua:110: in function 'process_sample'
main.lua:263: in function 'show_dialog'
main.lua:11: in function <main.lua:5>

Thanks for adding the v3 version. Unfortunately it’s not working for me when I try to use it inside renoise (in Linux by the way), it gives me this:

'/home/me/.renoise/V3.0.1/Scripts/Tools/com.lwpss.Akaizer.xrnx/' failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.
Please contact the author (lwpss [lw.pss.mail@gmail.com]) for assistance...
std::logic_error: 'trying to load sample data from a non existing file: '/tmp/Renoise-0-7120/Renoise_TmpFile-0-7-80%_1000_0_C.wav''
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_from'
main.lua:110: in function 'process_sample'
main.lua:263: in function 'show_dialog'
main.lua:11: in function <main.lua:5>

I got the same error using 3.0 on OS X 10.7. I hope you can get it working though! Not having to keep bouncing stuff out to Akaizer and then back into renoise would be a godsend.

Thanks for the reports guys! Should work now, links updated.

I’m still having problems, but the error’s different. Now I’ve got:

‘/Users/graham/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V3.0.0/Scripts/Tools/com.lwpss.Akaizer.xrnx/’ failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.

Please contact the author (lwpss [lw.pss.mail@gmail.com]) for assistance…

std::logic_error: ‘trying to load sample data from a non existing file: ‘/var/folders/gd/lx_5r5zd6rbcjfjzwcvsszw00000gn/T/Renoise-0-37067/Renoise_TmpFile-0-6-100%1000+6_R.wav’’

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘load_from’

main.lua:114: in function ‘process_sample’

main.lua:267: in function ‘show_dialog’

main.lua:20: in function main.lua:14

I’m still having problems, but the error’s different. Now I’ve got:

This is strange. I’ve updated the tool again, check if it helped.

The first fix worked for me. Thank you for this tool, it’s fantastic!

thank you,very nice!!! everything is working

i just dont like the dialog that opens when the operation is completed hehe

Glad you like it!

thank you,very nice!!! everything is working

i just dont like the dialog that opens when the operation is completed hehe

Sadly, this dialog is the fix for Windows bug :smiley: I can try to find some other solution if it’s really annoying.

third pc, third different configuration, same problem…
When i try to install this tool, renoise tells me: failed to copy the script into the destination folder (zip error: invalid zip file!"). Script installation faied.

Ive tried run renoise with admin rights of course…

third pc, third different configuration, same problem…
When i try to install this tool, renoise tells me: failed to copy the script into the destination folder (zip error: invalid zip file!"). Script installation faied.

Ive tried run renoise with admin rights of course…

I’ve published the tool since, looks like there is no such a problem anymore.https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-akaizer/42880

Yeah, sorry. Now it works ;]

Yeah, sorry. Now it works ;]

You’re welcome :slight_smile: