Copy paste matrix data between renoise instances

Really , using two instances of renoise to copy/paste midi data (xml ) is one thing .

Unable to copy paste pattern song matrix data between two instances really blows it when midi files are longer then the 512 pattern limit .

So if propre midi import is not included in the next version …I throw in the towel and move on

Really , using two instances of renoise to copy/paste midi data (xml ) is one thing .

Unable to copy paste pattern song matrix data between two instances really blows it when midi files are longer then the 512 pattern limit .

So if propre midi import is not included in the next version …I throw in the towel and move on

I cannot even open two instances on OSX… :slight_smile:

I cannot even open two instances on OSX… :slight_smile:

You can launch Renoise from the console, or simply take a copy of the whole application.

Whether your audio card supports this, is a different story…

You can launch Renoise from the console, or simply take a copy of the whole application.

Whether your audio card supports this, is a different story…

Wow awesome! Thanks a lot, didn’t know that trick in OSX :slight_smile: Cool that saves lot of headache!!

EDIT: Wowow! This works just flawlessly! I can play both songs next to each other, copying is now a dream. Before I had to load everytime the old song, copying one track, loading new one, pasting, saving, loading old track, copying … Imagine this.

Can the Renoise dev somehow enable multi start on OSX just by clicking the icon? And if they do, can they please support sequence copy paste over instances? And drag’n’drop? :slight_smile:

Should this work generally? I can’t paste any data from the Pattern Matrix of Instance A to Instance B with Renoise running in Linux.

Yes, that does not work. Might have something to do with the copy paste buffer being binary only for matrix operations, everything else will be XML text.

Thanks… then I can stop trying :rofl: