Need help

Hey everyone, I’m semi-new with using Renoise. I was wondering how you increase/decrease the number of lines/time increments between each highlighted line? Or how would I go about putting in an off-time sample?

I’m not really shure what you are asking for, but the first question sounds like you either want to change LPB (Lines Per Beat) or alternatively change the “Highlight ever xx lines” under Song>Pattern Highlight Options…

But when i read your second question it seems you really want something that has nothing to do with the previous answer.

My guess is that you want an off beat loop to get in beat, is that correct?

If so, there are several answers and it depends a bit on what exactly you want. The simplest way is to tick the “Beatsync” option in the Sample Properties (Down to the left in Sampler view), but it will only work if the sample is a loop cycle. All it really does is to pitch the whole sample so that it fits the length of the amount of lines you set it to sync to.

Other solutions include slices, manual pitching, xSxx and wave editing.

Right. At the top there is a LPB dodad that lets you put more lines in your beat. Also there is a 0Qxx command that lets you start notes between these steps, if you need to specify it that way. Manual has more info in LPB and note delay pattern commands.