Renoise License

So let me get this straight, if you buy a Renoise License, it’s only valid for one full update cycle and you have to pay for a new one every time the program gets a full update cycle?

Yes that’s correct but understand a “full update cycle” represents a considerable period of time - I bought my license for 2.5 in 2010 (I think?!) and we are currently on version 3.0 so it’s reasonable to assume an approximate 6 - 8 year life cycle.

You will have probably upgraded your computer twice and your phone 4 times by the time you need to renew you renoise license!

Yeah, as Rex said, you’re looking at several years of updates, and then you’d only need to renew the license (cheaper than buying a completely new license). In practical terms, it’s a far better deal than with most DAWs where you end up paying $150+ once a year, or every second year, at almost predetermined times. Renoise and Reaper are much more customer-friendly in this regard.

Ah okay guys, that is pretty re-assuring :~) you guys have me sold!

So let me get this straight, if you buy a Renoise License, it’s only valid for one full update cycle and you have to pay for a new one every time the program gets a full update cycle?

You don’t have to pay if you don’t want to upgrade after the cycle ends. You can keep using your current version as long as you like.

As opposed to some apps that check the licence all the time and will expire after a certain time period. Which sucks.

Sometimes I wish the cycle would go a bit faster. :wink:

I’ve been keeping my renoise license updated since 2004 (1.28) in those ten years I’ve only needed to upgrade twice-the second upgrade has me covered until 3.5. It’s more than worth it in my opinion and so far I’ve been very enthusiastic to upgrade each time my license reached its time limit. I feel that won’t change.

unrelated 666th post credits
Thank you Jesus for everything. Please continue to work on me because I’m hopeless without the grace of Allah you bring to my heart.