Renoise as a `loop pedal` device

I love getting away from having a visual representation of the music…having seen some people using Loop Pedals on stage - all I could think about was how this could be implemented using RENOISE.

Forget the pedal part at the moment - just think about button presses. (It could be controlled by a Novation launchpad, for example)

Does anyone think this is possible using Renoise only?? Imagine the possibilities!

Each loop records onto a new channel - Say… a maximum of 8 loops.

Each channel can have an FX unit/chain to run through. Muting/bypassing etc.

They dont need to be sound on sound recordings so each loop can be muted/soloed/reversed/effected. However, maybe the benefits of recording one over another would be cool.

This has the potential to be amazing!!

midierror

I’ve been thinking of something like this too, have you considered using delay dsps with 100% feedback and 4 bar (or any sufficient length) delay? I bet you could work out a way to route things around with sends, and mute/bypass various patterns with a method like that. You could use realtime recording to capture what you create maybe? It’s a cool idea!

a while ago i made a chain with 2 delays first one bar of drums - ( hitting microphone ) other 4 bar for random stuff. with launchpad i guess you could do more funky stuff like hitting on and off fx before delay and record some loops with it

Check out “Looping echo”, oneof the Doofer devices in RNS3 : it is using a delay device to automatically repeat anything fed into it - existing audio will be squeezed by new, incoming sounds to make it a layered overdub-alike effect.

One of the tricks involved is that it has a knob which control both the feedback and dry signal. So, at the extremes it will either endlessly repeat or do nothing at all. Another is using the signal follower to track theincoming audio signal and use this to affect the internally looped sound.

@midi error: maybe the Recorder application for Duplex would be interesting too?
Think recording and looping on the fly, switching between recordings etc.

You seem to be a Launchpad owner, and it works great on that controller.
PDF manual.

http://www.gvst.co.uk/

just played around with “GLoop” for a bit, it works pretty well, might be relevant for you.

Thanks for the ideas - but I`m struggling to see how the record function can work in its current form…

If anyone can send me a song file with an example I would appreciate it.

I`m not a launchpad owner unfortunatley - but do want one!

Circular labs mobius works and is free/donationware. Although, it works better within a modular environment- XT, Bidule,etc. IMO. It is also extremely customizable…almost too much.

Circular labs mobius works and is free/donationware. Although, it works better within a modular environment- XT, Bidule,etc. IMO. It is also extremely customizable…almost too much.

Thanks man, will check this out it looks tres interessant