Duplex beginner needs some help : tracknames/Mixer App

Hi all,

i am totally new to LUA/Duplex (and kinda to coding in general), but made my way through the tuts and working since few days on the really nice Duplex-TouchOSC scripts - great stuff! :yeah:

Atm I am trying to modify/combine different applications to make a multiple-page controller for my Galaxy S10 - and guess i need some basic help with some stuff i havent found here yet…

1. Tracknames

Is there a easy way to get the tracknames, so i can show em as text in a “label” in the Mixer? Tried to set a simple gainereffect and renamed it, but the Effect-application shows the effect-type - not the name -_- Like the instrument labels in Mlrx, only for tracknames :smiley:

2. Mixer

Mute/Solo works like a charm, but how to create a “unmute / unsolo all” -button?

Thanks all in advance!!

Hi Spyda, good to hear that the TouchOSC layouts were handy examples :slight_smile:

As for your questions/suggestions,

1. Tracknames

Is there a easy way to get the tracknames, so i can show em as text in a “label” in the Mixer? Tried to set a simple gainereffect and renamed it, but the Effect-application shows the effect-type - not the name -_- Like the instrument labels in Mlrx, only for tracknames :smiley:

2. Mixer

Mute/Solo works like a charm, but how to create a “unmute / unsolo all” -button?

You have understood things right, the Mixer application does not provide either track-name labels or a global unmute button ATM.

Both are not that hard modifications to make (Duplex/Applications/Mixer.lua). However, as a beginner it might be a bit much…

But if you can wait, I’ll promise to add both features for the next release (happens pretty regularly).

Happy holidays!

Hey danoise and thx for the fast reply!

Hi Spyda, good to hear that the TouchOSC layouts were handy examples :slight_smile:

Absolutly… they are really great to see how the stuff works and finding into it how to modify :smiley:

You have understood things right, the Mixer application does not provide either track-name labels or a global unmute button ATM.

Yea, thats right what i would love to add - plus global unsolo - that would make the mixer much more handy for me, esp on trackswitch :walkman:

Both are not that hard modifications to make (Duplex/Applications/Mixer.lua). However, as a beginner it might be a bit much…

But if you can wait, I’ll promise to add both features for the next release (happens pretty regularly).

Oh wow, that would be awesome… Meanwhile I ll try my best , maybe i find something (doubt tho hehe)

Is there any “request topic” for the mixer btw?

Happy holidays!

Same to you and the Renoise Team! Get good into the new year all… :drummer: