is there a way to switch disk browser from "songs" to Samples?

Hi, is there a way to switch the Disk Browser from Songs to Samples -tab with LUA? Or any other trickster method?

Still not aware of eny tricks other than the native function shortcut keys in Renoise.

Still not aware of eny tricks other than the native function shortcut keys in Renoise.

Well, maybe there’s a way of force-saving a screen-settings in Renoise, right?
Like, writing directly to the config.xml for Global View Settings / Preset?

Well, maybe there’s a way of force-saving a screen-settings in Renoise, right?
Like, writing directly to the config.xml for Global View Settings / Preset?

You can write to the config.xml, but the file Will be overwritten when you close Renoise.

wish there were some options here.

2.8 browser was a hell of a lot nicer to use, i had the extended browser bound to f5 so all my directories and samples were one keypress away.

am still mourning the loss of the the separate directories window but if we could switch the file view type via the API I could script my own ‘direct to samples’ keybind.

wish there were some options here.

2.8 browser was a hell of a lot nicer to use, i had the extended browser bound to f5 so all my directories and samples were one keypress away.

am still mourning the loss of the the separate directories window but if we could switch the file view type via the API I could script my own ‘direct to samples’ keybind.

Yes, if we had API control over disk_browser_is_expanded + which view file type (songs,instruments,samples,x) - that’d solve everything. i could map double-press of F3 to display expanded disk browser, etc.