awkward: play sample, sample stops, vst/au effect stops

Hi, I’m finding that whenever a sample stops playing in Renoise, the VST/AU effect-chain is choked out / killed off. I’ve tried going through the Renoise3.0 Preferences but am completely unable to figure out what I was supposed to do to see the settings of those effects that I don’t want to die when a sample is not playing?

If you open the plugin compatibility options via the plugin’s [?] button, you can disable the option “auto suspend plugin when silent”.

Typically, plugins like delays and reverbs should report their “tail size” to the host, to declare how much extra time they need to finish processing any decaying sounds.

You normally shouldn’t need to mess with the auto suspend option, but you can give it a try I guess.

PS. Can you mention some of the affected plugins? Can you also provide a simple XRNS to demonstrate?

PS. Can you mention some of the affected plugins? Can you also provide a simple XRNS to demonstrate?

ValhallaDSP’s ValhallaRoom

ValhallaDSP’s ValhallaShimmer :slight_smile:

But I can confirm that the GSi WatKat (http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=36#dl ) works perfectly nowadays instead of shutting up the minute playback is cut.