Akai Professional line, NI Keyboard Killer?

So Akai has recently announced their Professional line to compete with the NI products and automap,

Key features:

• Integrated high-resolution full-colour 4.3-inch display.
  • Works with almost ANY VST/VSTi.
  • Standard pitch and mod wheels.
  • 8 RGB backlit, velocity, and pressure sensitive pads
  • 8 endless knobs.
  • Aftertouch and semi-weighted.
  • LIVE PLAYING: VIP(Virtual Instrument Playing) - Play with or without any DAW
  • VIP runs VSTi, AU, RTAS, or AAX plugins.
  • And up to 8 VST’s at a time

I haven’t heard anything about Linux support, but let’s hope for the best!

So what are your thoughts on it peeps?

I know that I’m selling my impulse as soon as possible since Automap doesn’t work with Renoise.

Website: http://www.akaipro.com/microsites/advance/index.php#hardware

Looks like a VST host VST to integrate with the midi controller it doesn’t have a sequencer looks like it will have a lighter cpu foot print than maschine i can see the appeal if you use a lot of vsts though

How automap doesnt work with renoise?
Ive used novation nocturn with automap and with duplex very nicely…

Definitely interested. Even without the colorful key lights it seems a more attractive purchase than KK. $100 cheaper and works with (hopefully) any VST/AU.

@terminalbash - That’s definitely what I see out of it.

@Akiz - More explicitly Renoise doesn’t play well with the Impulse line of Novation Keyboards and there’s no module to use with Duplex as well, Seriously take a look inside the forums (i.e. search “Novation Impulse”).

• However I still love the keybed in comparison to the other keyboards available.*

@nullcollider - I’ve heard that it comes with a bundle of their own VSTs that outweigh the price, so that’s a consideration.

Hi! I’m interested in this MIDI controller too…

Now I have a BCR2000 what nicely integrates into Renoise (as MIDI to USB converter and a bidirectional context parameter controller via Duplex). One minus is that I can’t see the name of a tweaking parameter, because it doesn’t have any displays at the encoders.

It will be nice, if AKAI Advance series keyboards will give a similar functionality as one of their working modes.If I understand it gives a four groups of encoders (eight in each group) with parameter namings on the LCD screen.

Maybe someone will have an experience of using it sooner…