New Tool (2.8, 3.0) Randy Note Columns

I’ve released version 0.5 of a new tool called Randy Note Columns.

Source and README:https://github.com/Neurogami/renoise-ng/tree/master/lua/com.neurogami.RandyNoteColumns.xrnx

Download:http://neurogami.com/code/

The README has the full description, but the shorter version is:

Set up a track with multiple note columns.

Then set parameters to randomly solo just one of the note columns.

A Renoise timer gets set to kick-off a random note column selection at set intervals.

Useful for adding a more natural quality to tracks (e.g. an occasional set of triplets, or a melodic variation)

You can adjust various values so that the note column switching happens with a frequency that feels/sounds best for you.

Sample config pop-up for a track that has three note columns; column one is always the default column, so you set the relativelyfrequencyof switching to one of the other note columns.

randy-config-window.png

UPDATE 2015 Jan 18

I added a few things:

• Timers are cleared when you load a song

• You can now save all timer settings, per song

• You can reload the saved timer settings, per song.

The popup window has two new buttons, Save all and Load all. The code creates a config file name based on the currently loaded song file name. It then serializes all of the current timer functions and writes them out.

The reverse happens when you load saved settings. When reloading the timers are restored,appliedto each track, and made active.

This is great! Thank you so much :walkman:

It would be great if we were to be able to apply it to a track in the current .xrns only rather than global as at the moment it seems to be global across all Renoise songs (have to remember to stop timer when loading and playing a different song or the same track will start receiving mutes or changes).

This is great! Thank you so much :walkman:

It would be great if we were to be able to apply it to a track in the current .xrns only rather than global as at the moment it seems to be global across all Renoise songs (have to remember to stop timer when loading and playing a different song or the same track will start receiving mutes or changes).

I’m working on adding an option to save settings.

I’ve never tried loading a new song after setting it up for a first song; if the timers stay intact between songs I will add a call to wipe thestoragevalues when a new song is loaded.

This way each song starts fresh but you can reload previous settings if you want.

I edited my initial post with some tool updates.

Thank you!!