Multiple tabs for songs in one instance

I love Renoise for years and any day more, but what I’m still really missing is a tab view for multiple arrangements/songs in one application instance. Would be a great feature I think.

Oh man I am so for this idea. Having the ability to copy/pasterino between tabs would be the cherry on top.

1 Like

Oh man I am so for this idea. Having the ability to copy/pasterino between tabs would be the cherry on top.

You know exactly what I was looking for too :). Like in good old Modplug tracker. Much more reusabillity of old/other song parts. Fastens the workflow of some writing.

Lately danoise told us about a secret way to run multiple instances of Renoise even on OSX: Just duplicate the Renoise app and run both. Copying / pasting works very nice between two Renoise instances (didn’t test it on windows), so I think there is no need for project tabs.

Lately danoise told us about a secret way to run multiple instances of Renoise even on OSX: Just duplicate the Renoise app and run both. Copying / pasting works very nice between two Renoise instances (didn’t test it on windows), so I think there is no need for project tabs.

Yes, running multiple instances have been pretty much a success for me so far.

But, it depends on external factors like whether the audio/midi can share their ports among multiple applications.

We should probably turn that into a sticky post, because it’s asked quite often and is not 100% trivial to pull off.

That said, Jurek points out that copy-paste works nicely. I largely agree, I just wish that selections made in the matrix

would be copy-pasteable too. Pretty much everything else (including whole instruments) can be C+P…

1 Like

Great idea!

Presumed that the workaround works, even so… Tabs are awesome. :guitar:

1 Like

Great idea ! I could copy/paste patterns from one song to another this way

1 Like

Hey,

I just wanna add that using multiple renoise instances has also a huge benefit over the usual multi song tabs implementation as in other daws:

Both songs are activated at the same time. You can even play both the same time. So cross copying works really fast. If you look at bitwig or logic, you always have to activate one song first. Imo really suxx.