Lackluster announces Crowdfund Campaign - now with stretch goals!

Hi, I started a crowdfund project to save my own records from being thrown into a Belgian bin by an ex-label-boss.

There are still a few days left (I count 28), so if you feel like it, let your friends know, or check out the perks (most are digital, some are cd-related and some are vinyl-related!).

Basically just trying to raise over $600 to purchase back 145 CDs (digipaks, nice packaging, cool artwork), 7 copies of Esa Ruoho: Spaces and 138 copies of Lackluster: Slice from U-Cover.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/to-purchase-145-lackluster-cds-to-re-sell-them/x/373141

Yours, Esa

p.s. if you have any suggestions as to what kinds of perks I should list in addition to the ones already there, let me know.

p.p.s. If we go over $600, the next stretch-goal (about $180 in addition to what’s now there) is to get enough funds together to list up 3 records (Wrapping, Slice, maybe Container or Lexicon of Goods) on CDBaby so they’ll be streamable through Spotify, purchasable through iTunes and other places.

p.p.p.s the second step is to travel to the UK to pick up old copies of deFocus records - like Container (foc350lp), R U Oho? (foc354 12"), foc349 and Wrapping LP. They’ve been there for a decade. But that’s very expensive.

p.p.p.p.s if everything goes bonkers, I’ll use the rest of the money to list all records up on CDBaby for streaming + digital sales, and travelling to the US to pick up vinyl + cds from Merck, and to purchase Repulsine EPs back from SLSK Records in SF.

EDIT:Thanks everyone! We’ve reached $1003! Stretch goals have been announced and they exist thusly:

For $1111 everyone gets two previously unreleased, rare and obscure Lackluster EPs exclusively delivered via WeTransfer to their e-mail address of choice - these EPs will never become available elsewhere, so they are truly exclusive to you, folks! You will also get download codes for both Slice and Spaces - if you like.

For $1354 everyone gets theMerck Package(*) and my latest albumLexicon of Goodsas digital downloads via Bandcamp, plus (obviously) everyone will get the previously mentioned two unreleased EPs and Spaces/Slice download codes.

Good luck with this Esa,

though I still don’t get why it is either the bin, label dude disposing all the stock getting no money, or 600$ for you to buy everything back. Why doesn’t he send you the left over stock for a more lenient price? Just the postal costs?

Good luck with this Esa,

though I still don’t get why it is either the bin, label dude disposing all the stock getting no money, or 600$ for you to buy everything back. Why doesn’t he send you the left over stock for a more lenient price? Just the postal costs?

Well, we did haggle it down to 50€ postage and 3€ per record, which is pretty okay. I posted about this originally on Pouet and on reddit and got similar questions, so I do understand that that is something that everyone feels like asking. :slight_smile:

No spam at all.

No spam at all.

Ok, subject edited accordingly!

Update #4:** We have reached our initial goal of $600 in the Lackluster Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to reclaim lost CDs from a defunct record label. Thanks to each and every one of you, it’s been a wild ride so far.**

So! We’re making it even wilder! In the age-old tradition of crowdfunding campaigns, we are announcing stretch goals. We’re already there, so this is your opportunity to score more perks just by taking part in the campaign!

**Now that U-Cover is taken care of, thanks to all of you,we’re focusing our sights on the United Kingdom next. There is a hidden stash of an unquantified amount of deFocus vinylin a lair in an undisclosed private location. It has been a decade since I have witnessed them with my very own eyes. It is time.

Dun dun dunn!

For $1111 everyone gets two previously unreleased, rare and obscure Lackluster EPs exclusively delivered via WeTransfer to their e-mail address of choice - these EPs will never become available elsewhere, so they are truly exclusive to you, folks! You will also get download codes for both Slice and Spaces - if you like.

For $1354 everyone gets theMerck Package(*) and my latest albumLexicon of Goodsas digital downloads via Bandcamp, plus (obviously) everyone will get the previously mentioned two unreleased EPs and Spaces/Slice download codes.**

And that’s not all - everyone can now listen toSliceandSpacesin HD quality, as I have posted them and many other albums to theLacklusterOfficial YouTube Channel. Subscribe if you like!

(*)"But but, what’s that Merck Package?", I hear you think. Well, here’s a photo!

Hi. Still about 7 days left to go on the project - so here’s an unboxing video of the first package. still waiting for second package (from Merck, will post unboxing video then), and traveling to the u.k. to pick up 73 deFocus vinyls. I’ve added more perks to the crowdfunding campaign, so check it out if you like. I hope you’ll enjoy this unboxing video!