A collection of songs I've made. Dark Dubstep and Electronica.

Hello guys. This is my first time posting on the renoise forums. I was introduced to this place by a friend who used to frequent here. He said it was a good place for him to share his music with others and get good feedback so here I am. I’ve had renoise for about 2 years but have only really recently started getting the hang of using it within the last 8 months.

I mostly create slower and more ambient Dubstep with less of a focus on the build and drops and more of a focus on dark robotic soundscapes and theming. Although I also make Hip Hop-esque beats and Electronica too. Let me know what you guys think! See you on the forums. The song below is just one of the seven full productions I’ve made so far.

http://www.soundcloud.com/sa-der-metzger

http://www.soundcloud.com/sa-der-metzger/7th-circuit-of-robot-hell-der-metzger

PS I hope i embedded this right

Not bad at all.

I would have expected more rhythmic complexity in the lower layers given the mention of dubstep. Your production qualities aren’t bad, but this one almost seems like a chillout room version of something else.

If that’s what you intended, great. Otherwise you might consider a remix for the hard dance version? Just a thought.

Not bad at all.

I would have expected more rhythmic complexity in the lower layers given the mention of dubstep. Your production qualities aren’t bad, but this one almost seems like a chillout room version of something else.

If that’s what you intended, great. Otherwise you might consider a remix for the hard dance version? Just a thought.

That’s pretty much what i was going for yeah. I wanted a much slower and sparse rhythm so i could try and focus on bringing out the qualities of my synthesizers and I definitely tried for a very ominous tone with the screams and granulated flute.

Is a bit of dark butchery techno? :unsure:

Soundwise it has some feel of oldschool tracker tunes in it I feel somehow. Has been named sparse, a bit plain feel somehow. Also from the mastering aspects, maybe that gives that impression to me. Can be thought of as good or bad, to individual liking.

I’d say to my preference I’d like some synths (exp the basses, I’ve listened to other tunes in your channel, too) and such “more defined”, less swampy but more aggressive filtering and such. Stronger pronounciation of the dominant frequencies, more aggressive filtering out the weak ones. For example your wubs don’t sound “mindcrushing strong” to me, but very moderate, letting the effect seem a bit weak at times. Masteringwise, some higher pitched synths seem to have lowfreq attacks etc disturbing a “polished” appearance. May be intended, may be some bits to learn for you.

Intresting groove music, drawing macabre technoid soundscapes with sad oblivion notes.