Easy improvements for the song comment function

Hey Renoise devs,

the comment function could be much more useful, if you would add two little features to the comment function:

1. Show comments before saving

An additional check box in the comment window “Show before saving”. In this way we could easily add a revision comment to each save. At least me whousually forgets to open the comment before saving. If this would be automatically, it would help a lot. If clicking on “save”, “save as” or apple-s, it pops up and then also has a button “save now” and saving on enter.

2. Show song comments on mouse over in disk browser

If we quickly search for a revision of a song, but (at least me :blink:) usually don’t know anymore what the difference was, it would be very helpful to show the song comments on mouse over on a song in the disk browser.

1. Optional feature

Some kind of “Render preview before saving”, where Renoise automatically can find a preview snippet in the disk browser. Saved next to the song with same name. Ok, that’s fancy luxury.

I think the first two additions wouldn’t require a lot of effort and could improve the daily workflow.

What do you think?

These features would probably make me start using the song comments.

About this one;

Some kind of “Render preview before saving”, where Renoise automatically can find a preview snippet in the disk browser. Saved next to the song with same name. Ok, that’s fancy luxury.

Joule once made this;https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-encode-preview-ogg-version-for-windows/34104(dropbox link doesn’t seem to work though!)