New track settings, how?

Hello.

I’m a new Renoise user. I love it. I’ve played classical piano since I was five, but I feel like the electronic music I make should not be played but written or programmed.

I used to use Cubase for midi/synth stuff. I quantized everything and had max velocity in the midi notes at all times. This is what I wan’t from renoise too. I usually hide the effects and even the volume column. Is there a way to make this automatic for new tracks? It gets annoying always hiding them manually.

So basically I wan’t to see only one column (note-instrument) by default on a new track. Is this possible? I know about the template song, which I have modified but it doesn’t apply to new tracks created in a song.

Thanks.

• JouluPam

Hi, make 1 track with hidden fx and volume columns and create new track using ctrl+D (duplicate track) it will make same track as you are now without notes, fixed volume button is at the top of pattern editor, if you not changing fixed volume parameters you can disable velocity in the midi preferences.

cheers :drummer:

If you hide the things you don’t want and then save it as a template song, not only new tracks but new songs should have those settings

I know about the template song, which I have modified but it doesn’t apply to new tracks created in a song.

If you hide the things you don’t want and then save it as a template song, not only new tracks but new songs should have those settings

:stuck_out_tongue:

This doesn’t affect tracks, right? (2.8.2)

Also, It would be good if a template system would be able to include the DSP chain.

(… i could script a track template system, allowing multiple templates with a default template and including or excluding the dsp chain)

Ah, I meant to say that a new “templated” song would have those settings. Not new tracks.

Also don’t forget to check off ‘velocities’ in Preferences > MIDI if you don’t want the volume column to reappear once you start recording.

Thanks for the tips. Duplicating the track will suffice for now, even though that also duplicates the dsps also, no? So basically I will have to have an empty track at all times that I will duplicate when I wan’t a new track. If joule has an interest to do the scripting, I would be very thankful.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

• JouluPam

Thanks for the tips. Duplicating the track will suffice for now, even though that also duplicates the dsps also, no?

yes it does duplicate with dsps.

i didnt really get why you want create new tracks each time? you can auto collapse and expand each track or even groups of tracks

yes it does duplicate with dsps.

i didnt really get why you want create new tracks each time? you can auto collapse and expand each track or even groups of tracks

Hmm… I’m not sure if I understand you correctly now. The point is: I wan’t new tracks to have no extra columns when I create them. Now there’s a volume column and effect column by default. I usually don’t need them, so they take up valuable space in the pattern sequencer. A small thing, but I find it annoying manually hiding the unused columns for each new track. Essentially a way to customize the default new track settings would be best.

Hmm… I’m not sure if I understand you correctly now. The point is: I wan’t new tracks to have no extra columns when I create them. Now there’s a volume column and effect column by default. I usually don’t need them, so they take up valuable space in the pattern sequencer. A small thing, but I find it annoying manually hiding the unused columns for each new track. Essentially a way to customize the default new track settings would be best.

My tip is to start using the volume column and effect column more often. :stuck_out_tongue: