Short cuts in the instrument window doesn't work?

I have a MacBook Pro with Renoise 3.0.1 and the keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste instruments (for example) are displayed in the menu as CMD + C and CMD + V, but they doesn’t work for me. However, using the functions through the menu with the touchpad/mouse works. I tried some other shortcut commands of the menu as well but nothing happens.

I posted here because I’m unsure if it’s a bug. Perhaps I just have to activate something in the preferences of Renoise or what have I missed?

Did you give keyboard focus to the instrument list?

By default, Renoise keeps the keyboard focus locked onto primary areas such as the pattern editor, since this is where you’re most likely to be doing the majority of your activity.

When focus lock is enabled, you’ll have to manually give focus to other areas such as the instrument list, track DSP chain, and so on. You can do so by middle-clicking or alt-clicking the desired area.

When focus lock is disabled (Toggle it via: Main Menu > View > Lock Keyboard Focus), then the focus will shift more easily/immediately to whatever you normally left-click on.

Did you give keyboard focus to the instrument list?

By default, Renoise keeps the keyboard focus locked onto primary areas such as the pattern editor, since this is where you’re most likely to be doing the majority of your activity.

When focus lock is enabled, you’ll have to manually give focus to other areas such as the instrument list, track DSP chain, and so on. You can do so by middle-clicking or alt-clicking the desired area.

When focus lock is disabled (Toggle it via: Main Menu > View > Lock Keyboard Focus), then the focus will shift more easily/immediately to whatever you normally left-click on.

Ah, thanks! Now I get it.

Crazy, was this already available in Renoise 3.0?

Crazy, was this already available in Renoise 3.0?

It’s been available since 1.8 :slight_smile:

Shit, never seen or read about it :frowning: :slight_smile:

Hey dblue, what if you would exclude ctrl-c, ctrl-x and ctrl-v from focus mode, so it’s always active on focus? Think that would help a lot… Or an option for each key shortcut “make global”…