Two Track Trouble (play plugin instrument on two tracks)

I have two tracks on the same plug-in. There drum tracks one’s a little different than the other. When the volume in near the same for both tracks you can hear them just fine. But I have an envelope on both and when one’s high the other isn’t and visa verser. When it’s playing I just hear one track that’s it.

5531 Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 9.06.38 AM.png

I’m not quite sure what you mean by “I have two tracks on the same plug-in” but…

unless you’ve specifically configured a multi-output plugin to output to separate tracks, the output will go to whichever track the note commands are on. If you have two note commands to a single plugin, on the same line of two different tracks, then the output goes to one of the tracks only (left-most, I think).

Renoise doesn’t do any magic to give you multiple instances when you assign notes to different tracks. Your options are:

1. Duplicate the plugin

2. Set up multiple output routing (common with drum plugins)

3. Render to sample, which you can play simultaneously across multiple tracks (until you add an internal fx chain, which will cause it to follow the same rules as plugins)

Hope that helps!

Yep I know that I can copy the plug-in. And It does act funny on my computer, the two pictures represents the two tracks volume, when running on the same plug-in one track goes silent.

unless I’ve misunderstood you, it’s not acting “funny” and I’ve explained exactly why: renoise cannot automatically split the output across tracks. Set up a single plugin, play a C on one track, an E on another, and a G on another… and you’ll hear the combined output on a single track.