Redux?

I don’t want to troll and devs probably have their reasons but…

…after being announced almost 1,5 year ago, when will Redux be available? :ph34r:

(just asking because this could fill the gap in my workflow)

I don’t want to troll and devs probably have their reasons but…

…after being announced almost 1,5 year ago, when will Redux be available? :ph34r:

(just asking because this could fill the gap in my workflow)

The Devs allready replied to this in the other Redux thread. Long story short, they are working on it and it will be ready when it is ready. In the meantime - go make music :slight_smile:

See here https://forum.renoise.com/t/while-waiting-for-redux/41576

Guys…

If you don’t hear any official announcements from us in a while, then please don’t jump to conclusions or assume that it’s the end of the world for Renoise!

You can rest assured that it’s business as usual here, that things are going smoothly, and that we’re working hard on Redux and the future of Renoise.

Please also understand that our work on Redux does not mean that Renoise is being ignored or abandoned in any way! A huge amount of the work going into Redux will directly benefit the next version(s) of Renoise, which we intend to release soon after Redux itself. Pretty much everything is being developed side-by-side here.

Right now, we’re in the middle of a limited closed test of Redux, involving some passionate friends, community members, and content creators, who are giving us invaluable feedback about how everything currently works, how it could/should/might work, and generally just helping us to fine-tune some of the remaining details. We intend to gradually expand this test group to include some other users, as and when we feel the need to do so.

When we do have more solid and confirmed information for you, then we will absolutely tell you about it. You already have a pretty good idea of what Redux will be and what it can do, but otherwise we simply prefer to avoid hyping up exactly what it may or may not be, exactly which date it may or may not be released on, etc., since such unconfirmed and changing details will inevitably just piss people off or cause unnecessary drama for us.

To put it simply: It’s Done When It’s Done™

In the meantime, please try to be patient with us while we work on these new developments.

Thank you for understanding!

Anyway, it would be great to see a teaser or something else.

… it will be ready when it is ready…

Duke nukem!!! :smiley:

HERE IT IS !!

Very nice teaser video :slight_smile:

In the video at 1.10 we can see under the modulation tab : “Stepper” is this a trance gate like ?

HERE IT IS !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Xk9Ck64Ps&feature=youtu.be

very slick!

Suck me sideways! This is absolutely fantastic! Great job devs <3

When is SOon… ? let me fast forward to soon reality

Suck me sideways! This is absolutely fantastic! Great job devs <3

Spank my ass and call me susie! It really looks spectacular<3

In the video at 1.10 we can see under the modulation tab : “Stepper”

Well spotted :slight_smile:

it’s a kind of meta device for modulation that allows you to create arbitrary tables of values that are either triggered / cycled through each time a note arrives, or set to a specific value via a macro. So by assigning this to pitch you could have “twinkle twinkle little star” playing, note-for-note each time you hit a button, or by turning a knob.

At least, that’s something you could do in theory - in more practical terms, it’s simply great for creating a bunch of random values that are in fact not so random but within a certain scope (e.g. for automatically panning an instrument slightly to the left or right, each time it’s being triggered…)

Great product presentation for Redux!

Very professional video.

Devs,

will it be possible to drag and drop midi clips inside Redux? Especially to it’s phrase editor? Would be ace if you can.

Hey i just saw at 0:43 support for sfz !!

Midi-clip drag and drop is something I really hope to see in both Renoise and Redux. It would open up so much workflow here.

In the Modulation section I spotted “Drive”. Explanation?

And in the FX section I see a new filter DSP?

In the Modulation section I spotted “Drive”. And in the FX section I see a new filter DSP?

Yep. As noted previously, Redux (and Renoise later on too) got new filters everywhere. There’s a new “Analog Filter” device with some juicy ones, and a new “Digital Filter” device with more “technical”, clean sounding ones. “Drive” in the modulation tab is drive/saturation for the new filters.

This looks great. Very nice video and good work, every dev!

In the press kit screenshots, there’s a midierror. :badteeth: :clownstep:

Midi-clip drag and drop is something I really hope to see in both Renoise and Redux. It would open up so much workflow here.

Yeah it would, but highly doubt it. I know in Renoise if you drag a midi clip into the pattern grid, it just loads it as a full song than instead of loading the midi clip data into a track. I never understood this. I’m prone to think this just might be the case with Redux as well which would be a shame.