Logic To Renoise

Hi!

Is it possible to use the instruments from Logic in Renoise?

Logic has so many good quality instruments I want to use.

I started to use Renoise some days ago. And it’s the best music tracker

I have ever tried. It has everything I need and also missed in other trackers I used before.

Btw. If it’s possible to do this, can I get an explanation on how to do it?

You can import EXS24 sampler instruments into Renoise using this tool/plugin:http://www.renoise.com/tools/additional-file-format-import-support

Sadly this works only for Renoise 2.8, not for the current 3.01 version, so for importing, I would suggest to install Renoise 2.8, too, import there, and then load/upgrade your song in Renoise 3.

If you want to use Logic’s internal soft synths, you need to rewire Renoise with Logic.

Hi!

Thanks for the answer.

Will it be updated for Renoise 3 some time in the future?

But I think more of the Logic’s Internal Synths. How can I rewire Renoise with Logic? Is it any tutorials for this? For Mac?

But I think more of the Logic’s Internal Synths. How can I rewire Renoise with Logic? Is it any tutorials for this? For Mac?

I haven’t tried in a while but don’t think Logic can act as ReWire slave. :frowning:

If you search the forums you should find a tutorial for going the other way, but basically start Logic, make sure ReWire is enabled under prefs. Start Renoise. It should ask if you want it to be a ReWire slave (if not check Renoise prefs). To route audio into Logic, go to Logic and create an aux channel strip. Let the input of this strip be RW output from Renoise. Then let the aux channel strip output go to the input of an audio track in Logic, where you can record it.

Where do I find ReWire in Prefs? I’m using Mac. And how can I create an aux channel in Logic?

Other thing I can do. Let us that I have a melody in my head. And then I use Logic and a Software

synth to record the melody. And then I export this as a sample. And then I import the sample to Renoise. :slight_smile: It works very well.

Just need to be sure that I use the same tempo in Renoise as the sample was recorded with.

See hereand here for step-by-step. Works with LPX too.

Ok, thanks! :slight_smile:

But two things I don’t understand in the tutorial. Well, it doesn’t works.

1. I Can’t enable record button on all the 8 tracks at the same time.

2. I don’t have “input RW:Bus 01 Lef” in the list.

Create a bus if you are in need of a ride.

Probably your dsp load is too high to aquire 8 tracks.

I don’t really understand what you mean. What I want, is very simple. I want to use the software sounds from Logic in Renoise.

I watched the tutorial, but I don’t understand everything he do. These tho thing I explained in the previous post. I can’t set all 8 audio track in record mode at the same time. AndI don’t have “input RW:Bus 01 Lef” in the list. Like he has in the tutorial.

If somebody could try to help me a little bit through this, I would be very grateful.

I tried to make new sample of the instruments in Logic. And add new effect in Renoise. It works very well, but it’s some extra work, but it sounds cool. :slight_smile:

Just to explain what might not be immediately obvious - Logic instruments are ‘hardwired’ into the Logic environment, you cannot load them in like third party AU/VST instruments. Although you can access the EXS24 sample library in Finder if you to the libraries folder > application support > Logic > etc. and build your own Renoise instruments using the AIFFs.

Also if you enjoy sequencing in a tracker environment you might want to consider composing in Renoise using a semi-satisfactory XRNI and then export your patterns as midi to import into Logic.

Hi!

thanks for the explanation.

So, that means that I can’t use Logic instruments in Renoise?

But I can export Logic instruments to wav and then make new instruments in Renoise.

For example in Logic, I choose an instrument and add the notes “C”, “E” and “G” in all octaves. Export it to wav.

Load it into Renoise. Use cut and paste into new sample. Add effects. It sounds cool. :slight_smile: I also do that with my Korg Karma.

Ok, thanks! :slight_smile:

But two things I don’t understand in the tutorial. Well, it doesn’t works.

1. I Can’t enable record button on all the 8 tracks at the same time.

2. I don’t have “input RW:Bus 01 Lef” in the list.

Not sure if this helps or not, but here’s how I do it. You’ll also want to try Redux when it comes out. =)

I see you have Renoise in the list in Logic. How do you get that? I don’t have that. How do you enable record on all the audio tracks at the same time? It looks like it’s something I need to install in Logic maybe. A plugin or something.

No plugin. I just select all tracks and press R. The reason you don’t have Renoise under Rewire in Logic could be that you need an updated /Library/Application Support/Propellerheads Software/ReWire.bundle I suppose. I’m using 1.8.2 build 127 (get it from this thread). There should also be a file or an alias to a file called Renoise Engine.plugin in that folder.