Photo

Controlling parameters of vst/instrument within a song...

vst midi instruments

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlphaC

AlphaC

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 18:15

Hi guys,

I have this TB303 vst synth clone, that I'd like to control through the pattern editor in order to have the cutoff and resonate of the bassline changing throughout the song. Is there anyway to control it through any midi command or similar within the pattern editor? Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers! 

Edited by AlphaC, 19 March 2015 - 18:24.

#2 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6988 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 19 March 2015 - 18:53

First of all, you want to insert an Instr. Automation device in the track where you want to automate the plugin.

http://tutorials.ren...t_parameters.29

This can be any track, but it's good practice to keep the notes and automation together.

Next, consider how you want to automate the device. Is it a requirement that this goes through the pattern editor? 

Because, even as this is possible I would still prefer to use graphical automation

Once you are comfortable with this, consider going one step further and use something like the LFO device to "automate" the parameter (e.g. make the LFO modulate the parameter, and then automate the offset of the LFO instead). You can go pretty crazy with meta-devices :-) 

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#3 AlphaC

AlphaC

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:38

Thank you very much!!!! Just tried it and that's exactly what I was looking for. And yes...graphical automation is much simpler.

ps_I will also try that step further you have suggested.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vst, midi, instruments