1 reply to this topic

#1 spacefish

spacefish

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:22

Brief description

I want to be able to create an xrni file that represents a MIDI instrument on my synth.  When I create the MIDI instrument for the first time it sends bank/program changes just fine.  I save the instrument and change the bank/program settings on the synth.  When I next load my saved instrument, the bank/program changes appear visible in the MIDI->Output device pane, but the synth is not playing the expected patch.

Steps to reproduce

1) Create a new MIDI instrument in Renoise.  Set the channel, bank and program, and satisfy yourself that the instrument is correct on the synth by playing it through your computer keyboard in Renoise.

2) In the Instr. section of the filesystem, give the instrument a name and save it.

3) Create a second MIDI instrument using the same channel.  Set the bank and program to something different, and satisfy yourself that the new instrument is playing on the synth by playing it through your computer keyboard in Renoise.

4) Load the first instrument, as saved in part 2.

5) Try playing the instrument using your computer keyboard in Renoise.

Expected results

I would expect the instrument that plays on line 5 to be the first instrument.

Actual results

The instrument that plays on line 5 is still the second instrument.

Bonus section

A workaround exists, in that you can convince Renoise to resend the program data by going to MIDI->Output device and clicking the Program spinner up and down.

Renoise is awesome y'all :D

#2 taktik

taktik

Renoise Developer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:14

Will be fixed in the next update of Renoise. Thanks for the excellent description and sorry for the late reply!