Does Renoise in any way convert/alter imported WAV files?

Hello, sorry if this is stated explicitly somewhere, but I could not find it.

I just wonder if Renoise performs any sort of conversion or modification of imported audio (WAV) files?

I assume it does not, but I’m wondering because I am going to master a song and want to import all tracks as separate 24-bit 48 kHz WAVs, without it being changed to 16 bit, for instance.

Thanks.

Renoise internally mixes everything as 32-bit floating point audio.

In order to improve efficiency within the playback/mixing engine, and to provide the fastest possible access to sample data, all imported samples are therefore converted to 32-bit floating point audio. Your 24-bit WAV files should be pretty safe in this case, and will never be downgraded to 16-bit or any other lower bit depth.

The sample rate of the imported audio remains the same, but will be resampled by the playback/rendering engine when necessary, in order to match the sample rate of your audio driver, or the sample rate defined in your render settings. Basically, if you import 48kHz WAV samples, then play them back at their native frequency, and then render your song at 48kHz, then no resampling (or potential loss of quality) will take place.

Renoise internally mixes everything as 32-bit floating point audio.

In order to improve efficiency within the playback/mixing engine, and to provide the fastest possible access to sample data, all imported samples are therefore converted to 32-bit floating point audio. Your 24-bit WAV files should be pretty safe in this case, and will never be downgraded to 16-bit or any other lower bit depth.

The sample rate of the imported audio remains the same, but will be resampled by the playback/rendering engine when necessary, in order to match the sample rate of your audio driver, or the sample rate defined in your render settings. Basically, if you import 48kHz WAV samples, then play them back at their native frequency, and then render your song at 48kHz, then no resampling (or potential loss of quality) will take place.

Thanks, that clears stuff up.