CALF plugins

I use some CALF plugins in Ardour. In Renoise, the plugins are not listed. I installed them from git source, they are in /use/local/. Is it possible to make them available in Renoise ?

Cheers.

We don’t support LV2 plugins at the moment.

Some work has been made towards LV2 support, but there are still some annoying things to work around, so we cannot guarantee if/when full support might be implemented.

There are various other threads discussing this topic.

You can use carla-vst to host lv2 plugins. It’s far from an ideal solution but it’s about the only way until we can use lv2 in renoise.

That’s somehow strange. I’ve been using DSSI CALF multiband compressor in Renoise for a while but it doesn’t work after KXStudio update.

I’m confused :blink:

It was working fine, how was it possible? If it wasn’t on a list, I wouldn’t have been able to add it to my dsp chain.

Printscreen:

https://goo.gl/photos/zFwxCUhGRd6VmBYz8

That’s somehow strange. I’ve been using DSSI CALF multiband compressor in Renoise for a while but it doesn’t work after KXStudio update.

I’m confused :blink:

falkTX from kxstudio was previously maintaining DSSI and ladspa versions of the plugins but these were not provided or supported upstream. For some reason falkTX decided not to continue with this after the recent calf updates. They should still be available if you want to downgrade but if you want to use the new calf update then you will need to use carla and load them inside that (using the vst version of carla), or wait until renoise finally, one day, adds support for them. It sucks for us linux users because the calf suite is the most comprehensive pack of plugins we have and yet we can’t use them without annoying work arounds (carla doesn’t allow automation of the loaded plugins’ parameters at the moment).