#1 ffx

ffx

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts
  • Interests:Renoise Sidechain

Posted 11 April 2015 - 18:11

It's nice you can search for plugins and shortcuts. But the search ability is currently very limited and could be very quickly improved:

- by adding AND clause for whitespace. E.g. I am searching for a waves eq, if I write "waves eq" it finds nothing. If Renoise would search for "waves+eq" instead, I would find lots of eqs (if installed). 

- the shortcut search could also benefit for AND clause. Also searching for the key would help a lot, like an key search field. You klick it, press the shortcut and it will jump to that definition.

+ concat "display name" + "short name" to one internal search string in which single words are search for by using the and clause. So the short name field could be used as tagging field as described below

Edited by Jurek, 13 April 2015 - 17:57.

• Conner_Bw and Megnusin like this

#2 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 2852 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 13:51

This of course would only work if it will be searched for the "display name" string. Like "mda: Dynamics". Searching for "mda dyn" or "mda filter" would actually then show a result, not nothing :)

A dream would be then an additional textfield called "alias names" (or "search tags") which could be filled in for each plugin.

For example for "mda dynamics" I could add to this new field: "freeware compressor"

So on next search for "freeware" or "mda compressor", it would be displayed.

That's maybe the most simple approach to realize some kind of search tags.

Or you could use the short name field for that purpose... So if you consider adding the AND-clause, then please consider also searching inside the short name field. Like internally string appending "display name" and "short name" to one search field first before starting search.  And I will do the rest here.

Edited by Jurek, 13 April 2015 - 13:59.

#3 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 2852 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:44

Split searchterm in substrings by whitespace.

SELECT CONCAT(pluginname, pluginvendor) as name WHERE (name LIKE '%term1%') AND (name LIKE '%term2%') ...

Something like this...

• Megnusin likes this