Live Dive Tool

Live Dive doesn’t seem to work, all I get is this :

Am I doing something wrong?

This is the 64-bit version and I have 2 patterns running.

Ack … isn’t anyone using this tool??

Anyone … nyone … yone … one … ne … e … tumbleweed :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems that the number of patterns of your song (song length) seems to be to short according to the number of loop sequence patterns.

Please have a look at the value at Tools -> Live Dive -> Preferences -> Loop Sequence Pattern. Please set it to 1 for the first try.

In this case you have to have the first 2 patterns of your song empty (0, 1, at song sequence number 0 and 1) and start with your song at pattern 2. The tool will generate that setup for you automatically if it is not set already.

At least you have to have 3 patterns (0,1,2) in the song sequence.

Add patterns at the end of the song sequence, reload Live Dive, and they will be visible in the tool.

As reference you can use a example songfile

Ok I’ve got pattern 0 and 1 empty and pattern 2 is filled.

So when I loop patterns 0 and 1, pattern 0 is playing and I eg click on track 1, pattern 0 gets filled with track 1, correct?

So the 2 empty patterns get filled as you click within Live Dive.

But what if you want to fill up 8 or 16 patterns? Then Live Dive doesn’t work anymore.

Thats correct, say you have patterns 0 and 1 looped. Then say you have another pattern 2, 3, 4 and 5 with notes in it.
Then you will see a row for each pattern 2, 3, 4, 5 in the Live Dive tool and you can combine the tracks of each pattern (patterns 0 and 1 get filled) by clicking on the tracks in Live Dive. So each single pattern represents one row.

If you want to fill 8 patterns (set in preferences: Loop sequence pattern=8), 8 patterns are representing one row. So you have 8 empty patterns (0-7 in the songsequence) and they must be followed at least by 8 filled patterns (8-15) to have one row in Live Dive. (to make sense, you should have at least 2x8 => 8-15 and 16-23)

If you mean recording the patterns, you can record each click by activating the Record-options in the tool. When you change the tracks while playing, a new pattern with the changes will be appended at the end of the song (Live Recording) or every played pattern (Record everything).

Aha I got it now, took me a bit but I got the hang of it. Patterns 0 and 1 are just “preview” patterns that show you what’s being recorded when you hit record.

Thanks a lot Cie! Now to decide when to buy the Launch Pad …

Edit : I can only have 7 different patterns to mix, not 8.

If you want to fill 8 patterns (set in preferences: Loop sequence pattern=8), 8 patterns are representing one row. So you have 8 empty patterns (0-7 in the songsequence) and they must be followed at least by 8 filled patterns (8-15) to have one row in Live Dive. (to make sense, you should have at least 2x8 => 8-15 and 16-23)

This doesn’t work for me. I set prefs to 1 and only get patterns 2 to 8, so only 7 rows in Dive instead of 8.

Oh, this is true, a small bug for loop-sequence-pattern=1 :wink:
I will fix it soon… for a higher value (2, …) you should see 8 rows (when having 0,1+2*8 patterns).

When loop pattern = 2, I get Song Positions 2-3/4-5/… up to 16-17 and indeed 8 rows.