Some kind of sections/groupings for Samples

This wasn’t a big deal at all prior to 3.0, but now that you can have a jillion samples in a single .xrni, it would be really great to have some way of sectioning them off or grouping them and being able to name the group. Currently, big drum kits are just a giant single list of sometimes hundreds of samples. Bonus points if you can color code logical groupings of samples.

Absolutely! I envision this as a folder structure in the sample list, even if it’s just one level :slight_smile:

Just want to add one particular detail, making such groups even more functional: It should be possible then to specify a separate overlap option for such a layer.

Why? Because currently, we can’t make an instrument which is using round-robin (cycle, random…)triggering and have multiple, stacked layers. Would be sweet to have both features without a complex setup…

I like all ideas in this thread!

Absolutely! I envision this as a folder structure in the sample list, even if it’s just one level :slight_smile:

Just want to add one particular detail, making such groups even more functional: It should be possible then to specify a separate overlap option for such a layer.

Why? Because currently, we can’t make an instrument which is using round-robin (cycle, random…)triggering and have multiple, stacked layers. Would be sweet to have both features without a complex setup…

…like it’s in Reason’s NN-XT sampler…