Hex Eye - Maarakaibo [darkpsy/hitech]

Hey fellow renoisers,

just finished my second track in renoise (fucking love this program!) and would like you all to hear it, critique it, etc.

The track is for the April r/edmproduction sample pack competition, so all the sounds are synthesized from a fairly limited pallette of samples, and the track is my first real attempt at a hitech track.

love to know what you think!

cheers

https://soundcloud.com/zensphere/hx-y-maarakaibo

Would love to see a tutorial vid on how you did this. I love the hi-tech psycore sound!!! Great Track!!!

Thank You!!!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

I spent a bunch of time on this track, so a vid would be out, but was there anything in particular you were wanting to learn how to do from it?

A lot of the synth sounds are just single cycle waveforms grabbed from the samples, then modulated/effected in various ways.

I understand why a vid would be out.

What are some of the most distinct effect/mod tricks? What’s that granular/freezer effect? How do you get your bleeps? About how many trcks did you use for effects/mods? How do you do change the speed so smoothly???

Reminds me of psykovsky :yeah:

Wow that’s fast and hectic, I like it :yeah:

Nice tempo :slight_smile:

I understand why a vid would be out.

What are some of the most distinct effect/mod tricks? What’s that granular/freezer effect? How do you get your bleeps? About how many trcks did you use for effects/mods? How do you do change the speed so smoothly???

Reminds me of psykovsky :yeah:

The granular/freezer effect is just the repeater with hold off, mostly triggering 16ths, 32nds, and 64ths. A few different tracks have the repeater.

The bleeps are high pitched single cycle waveforms with LFO to pitch mod to create the warble. On a couple of them, I turned off pitch to keyboard tracking, scaled the pitch up to an interesting area and then used the key tracker to spread the useful tones out across the keyboard.

I think there are around 25 tracks?

Not sure what you mean by changing the speed…

Thanks for the comparison to psykovsky!!

You’re the man!

1 Like