The Penguin Ride

Yet another style for me, where will it end? :stuck_out_tongue:

Made with Renoise native effects only, except for two instances of SynAddSubFX and a FerricTDS on the master.

I mastered it in AAMS 3.0, trying different references i must say iā€™m amazed by how it performs.

Any type of feedback is appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/thebellows/the-penguin-ride

penguin-ride.jpg

Very awesome, lots of pretty layers mixed with fresh strangeness. The beat reminds me of Miami.

Congrats for that good blend, just in between styles and nice talkie bass.

Keep going on!

:walkman:

Cool song man, I really enjoyed it. Love the transformers synth sounds, is that some spectral fx?

Do you really want constructive criticism? I can say what l think about it but you might get weird and l donā€™t want to cause a scene.

Wow, you really know how to be constructive.

I would class the song as ā€œMuzakā€, itā€™s the sort of thing lā€™d hear at the end of the night when a TV channel stops broadcasting and they have an advert for about 20 minutes saying when broadcasting will begin again and what documentaries will be on and also you can advertise here etc.

I donā€™t know how it would be improved, it fulfils whatever style it is cast in, ya know. Was that a guitar sample from ā€œFirestarterā€ btw?

Really? Youā€™re calling this elevator music? Iā€™d like to find that elevator.

There is no guitar samples here, itā€™s all synthetic.

Cool song man, I really enjoyed it. Love the transformers synth sounds, is that some spectral fx?

Thanks! I guess youā€™re talking about the spectral vst? Itā€™s actually just native effects i made with the Wave Shredder doofer. Only vst i use in this is SynAddSubFX and FerricTDS, so i guess i saved 149$. :stuck_out_tongue: