Drop The Bomb! - Video

Hope you’ll enjoy my latest track, i also made a video this time (shorter version), just for fun.

Feedback is very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

http://soundcloud.com/thebellows/drop-the-bomb-the-bellows

I have a sudden urge to play de_dust.

Cool visuals! Not sure what’s in some of the scenes. Sometimes it looks like a tree-covered cliff/hill thing with stars in the sky and sometimes it looks like the bottom of the ocean floor with bubbles about and things floating around.

Lots of nice visuals, nice colour palette and pretty hypnotic. Like the kind of black and white TV The Outer Limits style colour with the short burst of red here and there.

Drop The Bomb… It’s time to go… GET TEH FUCK OUT!

very cool, has a demoscene style ting to it. Make the visuals realtime, then enter a party with it!

Thanks guys!

The video is mostly made out of some Apophysis animations and captures from the Renoise phase view. There is actually a lo res footage from my aquarium in there too, but it kinda drowned in all the fx and stuff.

I have no idea how to make something like this in realtime though, it’s hours of rendering, but i am a bit inspired by old demos.

Really nice tune and warm analog sound!As video in style of old demos was told earlier, loved it!

Really nice tune and warm analog sound!

That’s nice to hear! I have realized that after i stopped worrying about loudness and my amateurish attempts to master my music in Renoise, everything sounds so much warmer and more pleasant to the ear. Much because i don’t compress and limit the crap out of everything i think, but AAMS has made a huge part in the role to make everything sound even and smooth.

In this track i tried a few different references and i also tried to make my own from a couple of professional tracks, but i actually landed on one of the AAMS ‘easy listening’ references.

By eye it looks like it didn’t compress anything compared to the few other references i tried and it also sounds that way.

The volume is quite low compared to todays standards for EDM, but at least it doesn’t sound like a brick wall. :slight_smile:

Do you think it’s too low? I’m a bit afraid that my stuff will sound weak if it was played in a playlist with other peoples tracks, should i worry about this?

Any tips to what i can do to make things louder without ending up with a harsher sound?

Strangelove.jpg?raw=1

The vid looks cool. Also like the tune!

I wouldn’t worry about loudness too much but in my experience, saturation can always add a couple of db’s while not messing around with the dynamics too much.

Do you think it’s too low? I’m a bit afraid that my stuff will sound weak if it was played in a playlist with other peoples tracks, should i worry about this?

Any tips to what i can do to make things louder without ending up with a harsher sound?

Try to apply to the master channel bundle DSP: exciter and maximaizer. :walkman:

I like the way it doesn’t sound so much aggressive/psychoaccoustic in the mix. Many tracks nowadays sound like they’re strange mp3 compressed by default, it’s digital warble/harsh vs warmth I find. I always wish there’d be a convetion of keeping headroom in tracks, so compressed vs. transient-intact versions can easily play together with the dj deciding levels by the amplifier, not forced by the material itself. Also I don’t have the feel it’s significantly less loud than other tracks by perception, a little maybe.

The percussions sound very “snappy” with their attacks that are pronounced vs the ringing, and most synths are distorted hard (the hf content always gives more loudness to such) and won’t need any boosting anyways. Have you auditioned side to side with similliar tracks, and found it too quiet? If you used a dynamics system with “easy listenig” settings, you can’t expect a wall of sound. The song itself is a bit in-between, I think, no real hardrockthing, but totally no relaxation stuff either. The snappieness of the rhythm section justifies this experiment imho, very different to the usual squash&boost philosophy.

Loved both the video and the track, still having it on repeat. Definitely has warmth and “oomph” – very “listenable”. Great job with this!

This was a lot of positive feedback for a 1 star rated topic. :smiley: