Is there a list of Effects changes somewhere?

The compressor for example definitely seems way better, else I’ve gone mad. Distortion has oversampling now, Comb Filter shows note instead of frequency, (Ring mod too!!!) and those are just 5 minutes worth of obvious examples.

Don’t think so, you could just load all effects and look, for example the filters section (it’s not just filters btw)in the modulation devices changed for example, some cosmetic changes.

Here’s an overview which lists the DSP FX changes compared to Renoise 3.0:

New Devices

• ‘Analog Filter’: new zero delay feedback filters with character (saturation, nonlinearities) and optional oversampling(by default 2x)
  • ‘Digital Filter’: new biquads, new chebyshev filters with customizable ripple, new butterworth filters (those are partly zero delay feedback too)and have optional oversampling (by default 2x)
  • Revised ‘Ringmod’, with new bandlimited oscillators. also frequency can be controlled in “notes”, so you can simply connect a keytracker to it
  • Revised’Combfilter’. Frequency can be controlled in notes here too.
  • Revised ‘Chorus’ and ‘Flanger’ with new filters (the new ones from the instrument modulation). Phase can be reset via (pattern)automation plus some other small tweaks/improvements.
  • Revised ‘Phaser’ with resettable phase and other small tweaks

Changes to existing Devices

• ‘Cabinet’ is zero delay now and should be a little bit faster
  • ‘Convolver’ is zero delay now too, should sound more “dense” with small IRs such as cabinet IRs. Also should be a little bit more light on CPU, especially creating less CPU peaks (XRUNS)
  • ‘Delay’ and ‘Multitap’. Changing delay times no longer creates those “zipper sounds”: delay time changes are crossfaded now.
  • ‘Distortion’ and ‘Scream Filter’ got optional 8x oversampling
  • ‘Multiband Send’: LR8 is the default filter now, tweaked FIR filters too
  • few other minor (numerical precision) changes to other inbuilt device filters and EQ
  • few other general performance tweaks
  • few more cosmetic changes - UI tweaks here and there

!! Convolver better now!! Thanks for the list Taktik, great work. I had to stop sometime to sleep but I really didn’t want to.

• ‘Delay’ and ‘Multitap’. Changing delay times no longer creates those “zipper sounds”: delay time changes are crossfaded now.

It all sounds fantastic apart from that, I can’t believe you’ve done that to both of them. That was a feature, not a bug.

It would be wonderful if you could choose smooth behaviour or old behaviour, maybe even with the old behaviour exaggerated when that mode is being used.

• Revised ‘Ringmod’, with new bandlimited oscillators. also frequency can be controlled in “notes”, so you can simply connect a keytracker to it
  • Revised’Combfilter’. Frequency can be controlled in notes here too.

Any chance of being able to control the frequency in notes in the Delay and Multitap Delay as well?

“‘Delay’ and ‘Multitap’. Changing delay times no longer creates those “zipper sounds”: delay time changes are crossfaded now” Any chance of the old versions of the devices, without that change being in the deprecated list?

Thanks for the detailed list, taktik. Regarding the numberic improvements in the eq, I guess it’s backwards compatible, or do we need to slightly fix the eq after loading a renoise 3 song into renoise 3.1? Same question for convolver?

This cross fading delay is a wonderful feature. I will build a general reverbation template with it. That chebyshew 8x sounds so good.

Here’s an overview which lists the DSP FX changes compared to Renoise 3.0: (…)

The improvement of the devices as mencioned in this post means that previous Renoise versions could have better DSP effects?
Why the effects were improved just now? There will be more effects coming in future versions of Renoise?

Dont get me wrong but i am not sure about the Daw i will use now on! I like Renoise but other Daws have great effects and ways of working!
I would really like to use just Renoise!! Its great as other producers find.

Cheers!

There will be more effects coming in future versions of Renoise?

All of the new features and improvements in Redux will be coming to Renoise in the 3.1 update.

Here’s an overview which lists the DSP FX changes compared to Renoise 3.0: (…)

Taktik , zero delay filters …that’s absolutely fantastic …I haven’t had the change to test drive redux …but knowing that all these goodies will be in renoise too is absolutely
fuckin fantastic ;
Thanks a LOT :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: