One-shot trigger sample property only for on-screen keyboard?

Does the “one-shot” trigger mode only apply to the on-screen keyboard? Perhaps I misunderstood this feature (or maybe I have something set incorrectly somewhere), but phrases stop unless I hold down the key on my MIDI controller. Moreover, MIDI notes in the piano roll (Cubase 8 Pro) also must be drawn out to the length of the sample. In other words, “one-shot” is paying attention to note-off messages when I thought it should be ignoring them instead?

Hi emspace,

phrases stop unless I hold down the key on my MIDI controller.

You can use the sustain pedal for this - send a CC#64 to Redux and it won’t stop phrase playback when you release the key.

Moreover, MIDI notes in the piano roll (Cubase 8 Pro) also must be drawn out to the length of the sample

That’s strange - one-shot triggering (located in the sample properties) should ensure that even the shortest note should make samples play their full length.

If this is still not working, perhaps you could provide the project file somehow, so we can take a look at it.

Looks like restarting my computer seems to have done the trick. Everything (sustain pedal not even necessary) seems to work now!