Control Fx parameters using internal modulation

Is it possible to control an Fx parameter using the Modulation?

If I’m not wrong in Renoise also it isn’t possible, but there is the possibility of writing an internal automation using the Right button of the mouse.

Thank you !

:slight_smile:

If you mean connecting something from the modulation tab: redux_tab_modulation.png?raw=1
WIth a DSP device inside the effects tab: redux_tab_effects.png?raw=1
Then, no, this is not possible. Modulation are strictly polyphonic - i.e. applied to each playing voice - while DSP effects are applied to the entire sound signal - all voices mixed together. So you would have a situation in which two playing voices would fight over control of a single parameter.

But is there any particular reason you want_modulation_values to driveDSP effects?
DSP effects are very powerful in themselves. I am almost willing to bet that whatever you are trying to achieve can be done via “some combination” of effect devices.

Yes. I mean exactly that. Tanks for the reply ^^

The reason for my question is that it seems a little bit frustrating that I can’t use a complex modulation for modulate any parameter of an Fx … But it is only a curiosity, in fact I can easly assign a parameter to a macro and then record the movement of the macro into my host without problems (and quickly =) )

it seems a little bit frustrating that I can’t use a complex modulation for modulate any parameter of an Fx

That really depends. Working with modulation device is reminiscent of combining lego bricks, but effect devices are actually more powerful - although also more complex.

If you are new to all of this, I’d be happy to guide you a little bit. Just tell me roughly what you want to achieve :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help, I think that i will try to make something more “complex” and I’m pretty sure that I will be satisfied about the concept of “lego buildings blocks” =)