Sample start issue

Hiya,

Been a long time shortcircuit user I’m finding this to be a bit awkward as I’m been fiddling with Redux for a couple days and I still haven’t managed to find a way to do this.

How can one set the sample start to be anywhere else except on the ACTUAL start of the sample? Let’s say I want to play my sample half way through it.

How do you guys do this?

Cheers

Edit: I am using Redux’s demo version on Reaper ( don’t know if that changes something)

There is no such thing as a “start marker” in Redux.

You will have to either cut the sample (destructive edit), slice it (drumkit layout = no pitch) or encapsulate it in a phrase containing the sample offset command.

S00 = Beginning of sample

S80 = Halfway through

SFF = End of sample

Don’t forget to enable the phrase (program mode), or map it to a range on your keyboard (keymap mode)

Cheers for the quick reply,

Any plans on adding a “start marker” as you called it on a future update ? Seems to me it would be a nice feature to add as it makes the workflow much quicker.

Regards

Yeah this is one of those odd things you actually can’t do for some reason… Hope this gets implemented in the future (along with sample start automation) but don’t let it turn you away from a great instrument!

Another workaround for certain occasions would be using a slice marker to navigate through the sample while using C# note instead of C as you preview. This can work for one shot samples where you don’t need to transpose using keys.

Yeah this is one of those odd things you actually can’t do for some reason… Hope this gets implemented in the future (along with sample start automation) but don’t let it turn you away from a great instrument!

Another workaround for certain occasions would be using a slice marker to navigate through the sample while using C# note instead of C as you preview. This can work for one shot samples where you don’t need to transpose using keys.

Cheers for the tip, I had already thought about the slice thingy but still need to try it out ^_^. Definitely with you on the sample start automation as well :yeah: