I use a Launchpad S with Live Dive to trigger the pattern blocks and the Launch Control XL to do some FX stuff and fades etc. It isn't bad, but it still needs improvements. I would also like to record my performance, which is possible with Live Dive as long you only record the pattern changes, but i have problems to record the FX stuff done with the Launch Control.
You can record fx like the following when having opened LiveDive:
- click on the buttons "Live recording" and "Record everything" in the live dive window
- Activate edit mode in renoise
- in the pattern, click on the track and the effect row column of the track you would like to record the fx changes in
- use your knob of launch control to change the linked fx parameter (I assume you have linked the knob via midi to a effect parameter on the specified track)
- the changes should be recorded.
- to delete the effect row column press Ctrl+Shift+F3
Well this might be not the optimal solution, because recording with good transitions could be quite difficult, but you can record the parameters and after the recording of the song you could finetune the song.
I am going to use Grid Pie instead of Live Dive, since I like having the capability of switching patterns on the fly to generate fills without having to wait for the whole next pattern to cue... unless anyone knows of a way to instantly trigger patterns in live dive... Cie?
No, every change is made within pattern sync. This means if you trigger some tracks they will be heard on the next pattern change, not instantly. I would recommend to use mute/unmute tracks for this scenario.
Is it possible to record a live sessions like with Live Dive?
If you click on the buttons "Live recording" and "Record everything" in the live dive window, on every pattern change a new pattern will be appended to the end of the song, regardless if there was any change made or not. So you can build up a raw song with it.