Pattern position no longer midi mappable in Renoise 3.0.1?

Maybe this is a bug? I checked, and on Renoise 3.0.0, line up and down was still mappable, but it isn’t in 3.0.1. I hope this is a bug and not intentional. I use this mappable feature a lot. Maschine Mikro has a notched endless knob, which is GREAT for this. It gives me a lot of hands on control with a controller. I like working with a controller. It’s just preferable to me. It makes me feel like I have a lot of hands on control. Normally there’s a slot under navigation which says: “pattern” and it’s not missing. I hope its a bug. Otherwise, feel free to move this to feature suggestions. :frowning:

Renoise%203_zpsn3p91o31.png

3.0.1 :’(

Renoise%203.0.1_zpsmexhuibm.png

Okay, some weird stuff going on. The first pic of Renoise 3.0.0 is from my laptop. On there, 3.0.0 shows “Pattern” as mappable, like in the pic above. So I decided to go ahead and download 3.0.0 on my desktop so I could work on my midi-map anyways. I was going to revert back for a little while. But when I downloaded it, it still has the same problem. Now I’m pretty confused. It shows up on my laptop, but not on my desktop!? Weird.

I thought that maybe I had accidentally screwed something up in my config file when I was editing it to make the scripting terminal available so I could study the Duplex files. That doesn’t appear to be the case. Still, all kind of strange. I must have done something. Can somebody chime in and let me know if it’s visible on your end? I’m not sure what the hell is going on. LOL

The “Navigation:Pattern” mappings are not present in Renoise by default. Either some tool installed them (check which tools you have installed on your laptop in 3.0.0) or you’ve maybe added them manually into the GlobalMidiActions.lua file?

Holy crap! I totally forgot that I did that! It was so long ago that I didn’t even remember. I’ve since reformatted my PC and had been using Renoise mostly through Rewire and have been using Ableton primarily for the past 6 months or so, that I forgot that I ever did that. The things we do at 4 AM while drinking lots of coffee. Problem solved. I looked up my edits in 3.0.0 and re-put the menu options back in. I had gotten so used to that, that I just assumed it was always there!! :smiley: hahahaha