Waves plugins dont show up, even after rescan

Renoise stuck somehow on start, i forced to close it via task manager. Then, renoise show me that vst wave shell (wave plugins) was causing it. I tried to rescan for plugins(checkbox for failed plugins was enabled), too. But it seems renoise still skip the waves plugin. Any tip, what i can do?

win 7 64bit, renoise 3.0.1 64bit

Either remove crashed-plugins config file and restart, or remove waveshells from vst / au dir, restart renoise without shells and rescan, then add it again and rescan.

Ok, thx.

Pretty complicated, needs to be fixed. Sure, plugin crashes dont happen alot, but it seems the flag that even failed plugin should be scanned, seems not work properly. Maybe add button to remove this vst cache file via renoise gui.

I had the same issue.

In my case (Renoise 3.0.1, Win7 64 bit, using 64-bit waves), I had to delete both config files:

“CachedFailedVSTs_x64”

and
“CachedVSTs_x64”

You can reach the folder with the files within Renoise: Help --> Show the Preferences Folder

So first close Renoise, then delete the both config files, then restart. Waves finally is scanned correctly.

By the way, this seem to happen every year on your original waves purchase date. Maybe it has something to do with the puzzling waves update plan. However, it works now again.