OSC 77 - Charlatan (VSTi) - The Swindler

Here’s my entry for OSC 77, will probably work on it a bit, so i welcome any suggestion. :slight_smile:

http://soundcloud.com/thebellows/thebellows-the-swindler-osc77

Nice baseline! :slight_smile:

Its a powerful concept , but for my taste far too over compressed/maximized so far, maybe that’s why there is not so much volume separation, everything in the front. The bass could have less high frequencies, it’s too prominent. The drums are very cool, but kick too quiet or sn + hi hats are too loud (this maybe because of maximizer). Just my 2 cents here. Maybe I am wrong of course :wink:

Its a powerful concept , but for my taste far too over compressed/maximized so far, maybe that’s why there is not so much volume separation, everything in the front. The bass could have less high frequencies, it’s too prominent. The drums are very cool, but kick too quiet or sn + hi hats are too loud (this maybe because of maximizer). Just my 2 cents here. Maybe I am wrong of course :wink:

Thanks for the feedback! I’m not really shure what i was going for here, i compressed it a lot more than i normally would. I thought it fits the type of music in a way, but i may have over done it.I don’t know, maybe i’ll try and mix it all over.

I’ve played with that synth before, its unison is amazing.

I just uploaded an updated version, please let me hear what you think! :slight_smile:

Here’s the old one for comparison:

https://archive.org/download/TheBellowsTheSwindlerOSC77C/TheBellows%20-%20The%20Swindler%20(OSC77)%20c.mp3

I’ve played with that synth before, its unison is amazing.

If you like the unison (which is very good for the low cpu drainage) then i suggest you dig a bit deeper into ZynAddSubFX, because with its 1-50 size unison and 200 cents frequency spread,THAT is amazing! :wink:

It looks absolutely terrible and GUI is clumsy and weird, but when you get over it you’ll find it’s not that hard to work with. :slight_smile:

This synth can do so much and sound is so amazingly good that it can compare with high end plugins that costs a fortune. Only a shame with it’s ugly user interface, but hey, it’s free, i can’t complain.

I really like Zyn for pads, but you’re right, the GUI is pretty freakin terrible.