How to use Catanya, Harmony Improvisator, Liquid Notes etc. in Renoise

Hey there guys!

Sorry for the newb question, but I can’t seem to figure this out on my own :frowning:

How can I set up VST sequencers or arpeggiators within Renoise that would need to plug themselves to VST Instruments via MIDI notes? I’m talking about programs like Xfer Cthulhu, Catanya, Liquid Notes or Harmony Improvisator - and after a lot of trial and error and messing around, I still can’t figure out a way to do it. (In FL Studio, there’s a MIDI in/out for each plug, but here, I can’t find the settings for that.) I’ve set up MIDI Yoke (and tried my hand on a few other virtual MIDI cables like Maple) but no, VSTIs sound great on their own but can’t be triggered from a sequencer/arp VST.

This is a pretty loud cry-for-help, I guess :slight_smile:

Thanks to anyone in advance who can lead me to a foolproof solution or full-on damnation. :slight_smile:

I sometimes you monoplugs b-step, probably a fairly similar procedure - http://forum.monoplugs.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=687

Just use something that can host other vsts and itself is a vst…like IL Minihost for example and then open and chain arp>synth in it.

Thanks a lot for the quick advice, guys! I tried both but IL Minihost appears to be the more efficient way… which led me to some mad procrastination and CPU-gobbling lush Jarresque patches :slight_smile: :slight_smile: BTW is there a way to get a 32bit Minihost? I could only lay my hands on a 64bit beta.

Once again, thanks! New tracks soon to arrive :slight_smile:

The 32 and 64 bit should be in the same installer;)

Hmmmm you are completely right, but even when I set up the VST plugin directories separately for x86 and x64 versions, I can only select one version - which doesn’t state in its name that it would be a x64 version, but it behaves like one, because it only accepts 64bit VSTIs. Strangely enough, when I want to add VSTIs inside Minihost, I can see both x64 and x86 versions of MiniHost in the inventory. grumbles Monday! Machines!