Kontakt VST multi out in Renoise

I read that people can send midi channels to renoise tracks 1 channel per track but can’t do it, doesn’t work in 2.8 nor in 3.0 :frowning:

What I do:

1. load Kontakt

2. load 2 virtual instruments

3. one channel added to mixer, first one st. 1 gets outputs 1/2, second one st. 2 gets 3/4

4. set one instrument to audio: 1 / midi channel: 1 and the second one to audio 2, midi channel 2

5. Kontakt’s instrument settings -> Bus #01 - Kt. st. 1/Kt. st. 1 R -> autoassign -> track 1

Bus #02 - Kt. aux 1/Kt. aux 1 R -> autoassign -> track 2

The same procedure works in every other daw but doesn’t work in Renoise. What gives?

hey

you’ve got to alias that kontakt VST to send midi to its different instruments (Plugin > VST alias > Kontakt) in another instrument

don’t forget to assign the specific midi channel you want to send to the desired instrument in that alias

cheers

Works like a charm, thank you!

Ah cool thanks!

Oh my god, thank you for this thread! :slight_smile:

I was wondering how to set up Maschine 2.3 as a VST inside of Renoise and have it send midi/audio to separate tracks. I had this set up similarly in Logic Pro X, where I had 16 separate tracks for one instance of Maschine, and route the midi and audio from each of my 16 pads into Logic on their own individual channels so that I have full control over the mix and arrangement in Logic’s sequencer. I can’t stand the Maschine sequencer, and Logic’s sequencer isn’t much better, which is the main reason I bought Renoise.

Knowing how to do this now will be a life saver!