[solved] Keyboard shortcuts being lost after restarting

Hello!

I’m using Renoise 3.0.1 x64 on Windows 8.1 x64. When I restart Renoise, the majority of keyboard shortcuts is lost, even the basic ones like Ctrl+S and Ctrl+T. I can go to Preferences -> Keys and press “Reset” button and all the keyboards shortcuts will restore, but they will be lost again when I’ll restart Renoise anyway. Weird problem, didn’t have it before and I don’t really have any idea about possible reasons. Can you give me some clues? Thanks!

I dont know whats happening but try to remove KeyBinding.xml maybe it will help:

1. Close Renoise

2. Hit Windows+R type ‘cmd’ to invoke shell

3. paste “del AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.0.1\KeyBindings.xml”

4. Run Renoise and check

I dont know whats happening but try to remove KeyBinding.xml maybe it will help:

1. Close Renoise

2. Hit Windows+R type ‘cmd’ to invoke shell

3. paste “del AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.0.1\KeyBindings.xml”

4. Run Renoise and check

It worked! Many thanks :slight_smile:

It broke again :frowning:

that’s really weird… maybe check computer for viruses…

http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1

I’m having the same problem and it’s really annoying. I’ve assigned shortcuts for everything including my tools and next time it remembers nothing but nothing. not even Ctrl + , for the preferences.

Really annoying indeed. 5 years passed and still happening - deleting KeyBindings.xml does not help either, yet the problem marks as solved.
Is there any other workarounds?

You must be on Windows then. Save outside “My Documents”, preferably on Google Drive or something. Just think it has happened to me so many times. I now got to do the mac version…

It’s 2023 and this problem is still here, yay!..
It is multiple layouts related, on windows.
Saving and loading KeyBindings.xml sometimes helps (no matter where it saved), but eventually it will stop loading shortcuts for some reason, so the only option left is reset to default, losing any custom bindings. Again.

1 Like

I think I have found a temporary solution. I have the same problem and usually use “reset” method.
I’ve noticed that if you close and then open Renoise while you use the same layout (ENG for example) then you have no problem. But if you close being on ENG and then open Renoise with different keyboard layout then shortcuts are ruined.

So this temporary solution would be to always close Renoise with the same keyboard layout you open Renoise.

Newly registered user here; just happened to me with latest version. Yes, I am using Windows + multiple languages.

It’s certainly related to what @PSG says. When I switch layout, I can see in the context menus that the key bindings are affected! Behold:
Normal

Switched

SO when switched, some weird processing/saving happens that destroys key bindings

This thread should either change title, or we should open a new unsolved thread.

I would say it’s suppose to behave like that. The problem with key bindings appear when you close Renoise being in one layout and open it in another.

If I always close Renoise being in ENG and then open being in ENG - it’s working great even if I switch layouts multiple times during the session. You may close Renoise being in another layout, but be sure to open it next time with the same layout you closed it then keybindings are safe.

At least this is my experience for now. I’m still testing this method, so far it works perfect.