Renoise303?

I see a while back bitarts did a native 303 emulation, which is exactly what I’ve been hunting for, since I’d love to program some acid without using vsti’s (so much more fun to see what I could get out of built-in glides, etc) is this version available anymore? Has anyone else done a sequel if not? Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place! :unsure:

Bitarts took it offline at some point. He also did not do a sequel in the new sampler, due to too many limitations and problems in the envelope handling of the Renoise sampler as far as I understood.

That’s a shame, I’d love to try and do something native, I appreciate there’s a few threads on this, but what’s the current way of doing this effectively without vsts? Can it be done convincingly with samples, glides/portamento and distortion? I know squelching might be difficult due to the filter, but I was wondering if something like this could be done?

Can this be done now with the diode filter in 3.1? Still looking for a native 303 option if possible now in 3.1?

Can this be done now with the diode filter in 3.1? Still looking for a native 303 option if possible now in 3.1?

With redux there is a ‘(DN) Diode 03’ preset supplied which sounds like a fun 303 emulation, dunno if this also will be supplied in Renoise 3.1 final, but you could easily try to replicate such thing yourself using samples and the diode filter.

With redux there is a ‘(DN) Diode 03’ preset supplied which sounds like a fun 303 emulation, dunno if this also will be supplied in Renoise 3.1 final, but you could easily try to replicate such thing yourself using samples and the diode filter.

I haven’t got redux, how does the preset differ from anything available in renoise, is it a sample as well as a filter or is it a synth?

All instruments bundled with Redux work in Renoise 3.1 beta. I downloaded all the Redux instrument sets in Backstage and also got all the instruments from Redux into my Renoise lib ;D.

I haven’t got redux, how does the preset differ from anything available in renoise, is it a sample as well as a filter or is it a synth?

From what I understand most of the ‘instruments’ from Redux and Renoise 3.1 beta (hell even before 3.0) usually use one cycle waveforms or just general ole samples, have a ton of perimeters mapped out to macros to use as synth style knobs, and use Renoise/Redux’s extensive envelope and modulation features to mimic synths. It’s pretty fun attempting to make your own xrni’s and taking apart others work bundled with the software or from these forums :D.

To make this easier: here it is. It’s pretty simple, really.

To make this easier: here it is. It’s pretty simple, really.

Thank you so much!! This is actually an a-MAY-zing 303, just thinking, what would be the closest thing to emulate Env. Mod, Decay, Accent, etc on this? I’ve been having a fiddle with it, just trying to think of other things I could put in there to assign LFOs to and give it a real acid flava. Cutoff and Res is fairly easy to do on the filter.

Btw. I copied the Redux bundled content inside vst exe dir (OSX) to the general renoise lib dir (and edited some bundle.xml)…