Didn't See It Coming

Just a little synthetic orchestral track with some unsuspected turns. :slight_smile:

http://soundcloud.com/thebellows/didnt-see-it-coming

Honestly, the panning in the intro sounds too predictable for you. You might wanna have your panning from note to note instead of using autopan on a sine. The breaks are cool man. The mood in the middle is just right. I like the piano, and you could have let that marinate a bit more. I’d really like to take this to another level with a remix. I still get pumped off the last track I remixed with you and heartbeat hero(Dark Path/Drainclog). Let me know if I could spend a bit time on this track you started because to me it sounds unfinished.

Ohh and if you want to record some of your new guitar tone I think there is room for it in this track.

Honestly, the panning in the intro sounds too predictable for you. You might wanna have your panning from note to note instead of using autopan on a sine. The breaks are cool man. The mood in the middle is just right. I like the piano, and you could have let that marinate a bit more. I’d really like to take this to another level with a remix. I still get pumped off the last track I remixed with you and heartbeat hero(Dark Path/Drainclog). Let me know if I could spend a bit time on this track you started because to me it sounds unfinished.

Ohh and if you want to record some of your new guitar tone I think there is room for it in this track.

You’re right, it’s just some of my laziness shining through.

I agree it sounds a bit unfinished in the chaos parts especially, but i’m quite happy with most of the rest myself. I have a bit of Ed Wood tendencies in the music department, “That’s a wrap”. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll send you the track when i have the time for it, i’m quite busy today, so maybe not before tomorrow.

I would probably normally use guitar for this, but after i tried to refix it a second time it doesn’t work, so i have to open it up again. :wacko:

Would you like rendered tracks or the original? It has a few VSTs in it, but they’re of the free kind.

We should do a real collab one day too, we both seem to like dark stuff, so maybe we could make something to scare away the Jehovah’s witnesses on my door? :rolleyes:

Really like this intro part, the chaos parts are not so mine, much too fast for me :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say that I really dig this one. Particularly fond of orchestral-esque melodies with some breakbeat fuckery as a counterpoint, which this song delivers. Particularly like the part at ~1:26 where the melody rises out of that sea of chaos.

I was going to say I felt the chaos-y parts sounded a little too chaotic ( :lol:) but on 2nd and third listen to the chaotic parts I’m fine (it just takes some times to re-wrap my brain around things that sound arhythmic). The one exception is 1:09- 1:14 - feel like that one 5 second section could be tweaked a little bit (it just feels a little to far into buffer override territory too quickly - I want something a little more structured first before it devolves into that sound).

Overall, love it!!!