New editing mode: Note snap!

Hello,
i would love to have something like “note snap” edit mode.
You activate it and edit cursor is sticked to inserted notes (so step lenght would be disabled) and when you hold “z” key every note in column would be rewrited to C4 and no new notes would be pasted.
I hope you get me, i realized that i would love to have this feature in renoise and redux, expecially when i edit velocity or pattern commands. I wouldnt have to scroll or use mouse when i edit data of complicated rhytm…

In preferences->keys->Pattern editor you can already define a key to “move to next row with note” and also previous.
SoI have changed the old move 16 rows down and up to do this as I use F9-F12.

That’s a good improvement on workflow :slight_smile:

Thank you! It is great
but i would still prefer some on / off option

because it will make moving with keys redundant in a lot of situations.

It is one of these thing that would make various experimenting much more accessible and enjoyable i think (and unique!) :-).

Much more enjoyable for sure!

I have binded “jump to previous row with a note” to FN+UP ARROW and “jump to next row with a note” to FN+DOWN ARROW , and today I binded “jump to previous column” to FN+LEFT ARROW and “jump to next column” to FN+RIGHT ARROW.

It feels so good that I think this should be a default setting :slight_smile:

Hope you’ll get a toggle shortcut/button. Big thanks for making me change my shortcuts, this is going to be smashing!

Hello,
i would love to have something like “note snap” edit mode.
You activate it and edit cursor is sticked to inserted notes (so step lenght would be disabled) and when you hold “z” key every note in column would be rewrited to C4 and no new notes would be pasted.
I hope you get me, i realized that i would love to have this feature in renoise and redux, expecially when i edit velocity or pattern commands. I wouldnt have to scroll or use mouse when i edit data of complicated rhytm…

Cool idea, and did not know that there are already shortcuts for that!