Groove settings

I am not really a begginer but I have never begun to get my head round the groove settings.

is 0 & 1 beat 1 and 1 & 2 beat 2 and 2 & 43 beat 3 and 3 & 4 beat 4

what I do is work with 4 beats per pattern and 16 lines per beat with a delay on the second and forth beat like this…

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

----EE

And I want to recreate this effect with the groove settings to save me some headfu^&.

I imagine I set 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 to offset…

any ideas?>

Groove is applied to alternating 16th notes within the beat.

Imagine working at the default 4 LPB, where every pattern line is equivalent a 16th note.

The numbered sections then refer to specific pattern lines (which are indexed starting from zero), like so:

• 0 & 1 : Groove is applied to pattern line 1 (The second 16th note of the first beat)
  • 2 & 3 : Groove is applied to pattern line 3 (The fourth 16th note of the first beat)
  • 4 & 5 : Groove is applied to pattern line 5 (The second 16th note of the second beat)
  • 6 & 7 : Groove is applied to pattern line 7 (The fourth 16th note of the second beat)
    When working at higher LPBs like 8, 16, 32, and so on, the groove is still applied to alternating 16th notes within the beat, but their line numbers will be extended to fit the LPB accordingly.

All this is to say that the groove settings cannot offset an entire beat for you — only the alternating 16th notes within each beat.

If you want your entire second and fourth beats to be offset by a delay of EE, then you’ll have to continue programming this manually into your patterns. If you simply wanted the typical 16th note groove, then just set all groove sliders to the same amount (whatever amount sounds nice to you).

R3.1 phrases will have swing setting in phrase

it is very basic but i prefer it more than groove setting.

ok thanks for clearing this up