vyvolso ADSR 76

My first track done with Renoise 3, haven’t properly used a tracker since ModPlug back in 96-97, made it on the demo version and bought the fully to render it. Amazing program, I’ve only done finished stuff withhorizontalDAWs (just tinkered with trackers back years ago) before but this is the first (and only so far) track I’ve made with it. So easy to use and amazingly fun, thanks to the many members who answered my questions about the program, best £50 I ever spent! :guitar:

EDIT: Oh, and I didn’t use ANY automation on this, it’s all just pattern commands.

Well it certainly has bite! Perhaps a little too hardcore for me sips tea.

Thank you, that’s a compliment! :yeah:

Very cool, enjoyed that!

“Learning” pattern commands doesn’t really seem to apply here, you skipped that part and went straight to commanding.

Song rocks hard!

Very cool stuff! Made me melt away instantly, but without destroying anything. And no lame part in the whole trip, it drives a constant feeling from beginning to the very end.

I listened with headphones. Like the way the sub freqs bop in very direct, but seem modulated as to shift the main feeling a little in and out. But…the main break is so much cast on the left side of stereo image. I’d have liked it “balanced” out a bit more, for like this the tune causes a little unstable “tilting to the side feeling” in the parts where it is dominant. With balanced I won’t say center it, but pan it around in different ways so as to hold the listener to middle now and then. You do very good panning tricks in other parts/instruments of the tune, maybe like try it with this break also to put a little more balance in and make the trip a little more enjoyable. This probably only applies to headphones. As for panning the sub frequencies, don’t know how this might be good or bad in regard of headphones or 2.1 subwoofer systems.

This psychedelic stuff easily got into my head. Great work with the stereo!

Very cool stuff! Made me melt away instantly, but without destroying anything. And no lame part in the whole trip, it drives a constant feeling from beginning to the very end.

I listened with headphones. Like the way the sub freqs bop in very direct, but seem modulated as to shift the main feeling a little in and out. But…the main break is so much cast on the left side of stereo image. I’d have liked it “balanced” out a bit more, for like this the tune causes a little unstable “tilting to the side feeling” in the parts where it is dominant. With balanced I won’t say center it, but pan it around in different ways so as to hold the listener to middle now and then. You do very good panning tricks in other parts/instruments of the tune, maybe like try it with this break also to put a little more balance in and make the trip a little more enjoyable. This probably only applies to headphones. As for panning the sub frequencies, don’t know how this might be good or bad in regard of headphones or 2.1 subwoofer systems.

Wow, thanks for that review! I must admit, I was concerned about some of the stereo image as I didn’t actually get a chance to check this and wondered if that might be an issue. I’ll take a look at it and do some work with the stereo to balance it a bit, I think I was just hoping it would work, obviously next time I’ll need to try the headphones for a bit :smiley:

“Learning” pattern commands doesn’t really seem to apply here, you skipped that part and went straight to commanding.

Song rocks hard!

Thank you! I’ve just started using the automation on a track the other day as I couldn’t get the pattern to register on the grid for that particular parameter, seem like a cool way to work, but I like being able to see everything at once as I work, automation is great, but I have to kinda remember it’s there since I use the DSP pane so much :smiley:

And thanks everyone else for the awesome comments, really appreciate it!!!

It’s amazing, I see how many folks find trackers daunting, but for me to translate my workflow from a horizontal DAW was just so easy, it was like second-nature working with ReNoise, it’s THAT intuitive!!